Preventing cache for ISA 2006 for specific website (Full Version)

All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Misc.] >> ISA Firewall Tools

anthonyrod -> Preventing cache for ISA 2006 for specific website (17.Nov.2008 12:31:47 AM)

Hi all,
I'm a newbie on this forum.  I would like to know the following:
1)  How can I delete cached files for specific website on ISA 2006?
2)  Is there a way to prevent ISA from caching specific website?
Thanks.

fixitchris -> RE: Preventing cache for ISA 2006 for specific website (18.Nov.2008 1:34:44 PM)

There is a CacheDir tool available.

You can specify what to cache in cache rules.

elmajdal -> RE: Preventing cache for ISA 2006 for specific website (28.Nov.2008 9:01:10 AM)

Hi,

Check my article : How to Disable Caching of Specific Website

HTH,
Tarek

anthonyrod -> RE: Preventing cache for ISA 2006 for specific website (30.Nov.2008 4:29:51 AM)

Thanks Chris & Tarek for your reply.
Tarek, I did as you have posted in your article and it works.  I thought that there must be an option that one would need to tick to have this enabled but never thought of creating a cache policy.  Thanks again :)

elmajdal -> RE: Preventing cache for ISA 2006 for specific website (30.Nov.2008 6:10:11 AM)

Hi,

You are welcome.

Glad to help.

Thanks,
Tarek

hass -> RE: Preventing cache for ISA 2006 for specific website (6.Nov.2009 7:13:40 AM)

hello
I know this is an old post but I thought it best to post here than create a new post.
I have various cache rules setup to not cache certain websites liek our own. However, I have noticed that during the last few weeks whilst we are moving to a new website, the ISA 2004 std server still appears to be caching content for this site.

I have checked other posts and site and have confirmed that the cache rules are set up correctly.
However, we still get th eold pages being displayed. When I disable/delete the cache file and restart the services/create a new cache file, the new website is then picked up correctly.

Stopping ISA services causes us serious issues as it knocks off connected branch offices.
I have had confirmed by ISA consultants and teachers that there is no way of deleting the cache file without stopping/starting the ISA FW services.

Is this correct and why would the site still be cached when disabled?

I had tried completely disabling the caching for all web browsing and still it appears to pick up the wrong site. Only after the usual delete/restart etc the correct page came up.

We are using ISA 2004 std SP3 on Windows 2003 server std SP2 AD environment.

please help,
thanks regards
Hass

Page: [1]