• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Publish MSX2003 ISA2007 Outgoing Network External IP

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> Publish MSX2003 ISA2007 Outgoing Network External IP Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Publish MSX2003 ISA2007 Outgoing Network External IP - 28.Nov.2008 10:23:26 PM   
simonchtan

Hi,

I am sorry if i am posting an discussed item but i do need help with my current implementation.

here my problem

I need the ISA to able to do a connection out with my MSX published address instead of it primary external address.

I am stuck due to the fact i cant change the external address as it tie in to some secure application which i am not able to change

Incoming is doing great however the outgoing is giving me the run for my pay.

I would love any advise you have.
Thanks.

< Message edited by simonchtan -- 28.Nov.2008 10:24:34 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Publish MSX2003 ISA2007 Outgoing Network External IP - 29.Nov.2008 7:25:01 AM   
IanC

Hi,

In this scenario, ISA Server will always use the primary IP address of the external NIC as the source.  It is likely that the outbound SMTP connection is failing validation performed by external DNS servers because of the mismatch between the MX record and the source IP address (ISA's primary IP). 

You should be able to fix this, either by adding a pointer record for the external primary IP address to the external DNS zone or by asking the authority of the destination SMTP servers to add your domain to their safe senders list.

Hope this helps

Ian   

Ian Currie

nAppliance TMG/UAG Appliances - EMEA
www.surefront.co.uk

(in reply to simonchtan)
Post #: 2
RE: Publish MSX2003 ISA2007 Outgoing Network External IP - 29.Nov.2008 11:39:05 PM   
simonchtan

Thank you Ian,

I believe i may have to go for the ptr method.
Could you explain to me more on this as i am not very well verse in DNS. I am having a MX record of the orignal address so how do i create this ptr.

is it means i create a new PTR of the IP address to be tie to the mail server name

(in reply to IanC)
Post #: 3
RE: Publish MSX2003 ISA2007 Outgoing Network External IP - 1.Dec.2008 10:30:33 AM   
IanC

There will be a reverse-lookup DNS zone on the Internet representing the public network to which your public facing IP address(s) belongs.  Add (or get your ISP to add) a pointer record to this zone.  The record should look like this:

[123.123.123.1]     [FQDN of your existing MX record]

Ian 

Ian Currie

www.surefront.co.uk

(in reply to simonchtan)
Post #: 4
RE: Publish MSX2003 ISA2007 Outgoing Network External IP - 2.Dec.2008 7:24:43 AM   
paulo.oliveira

Hi,

there´s a third party solution for select the outbound IP address, check this product for more info: http://www.collectivesoftware.com/Products/IPbinder

Regards,
Paulo Oliveira.

(in reply to simonchtan)
Post #: 5
RE: Publish MSX2003 ISA2007 Outgoing Network External IP - 2.Dec.2008 7:43:19 AM   
IanC

Hi Paulo,

I didn't know that.  Thanks for the tip.

Ian

Ian Currie

www.surefront.co.uk

(in reply to paulo.oliveira)
Post #: 6
RE: Publish MSX2003 ISA2007 Outgoing Network External IP - 4.Dec.2008 7:37:48 AM   
paulo.oliveira

Hi Ian,

no probs. Glad to help.

Regards,
Paulo Oliveira.

(in reply to IanC)
Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> Publish MSX2003 ISA2007 Outgoing Network External IP Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts