• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Installing ADSL2+ modem in ISA server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> DMZ >> Installing ADSL2+ modem in ISA server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Installing ADSL2+ modem in ISA server - 2.Dec.2008 10:36:43 AM   
james_heathcote

Hopefully this is a suitable forum for posting my first message in, but if not, please forgive me.

We currently use a UK provider BeThere for our business broadband.  We have 8 static IP's provided by them but currently we utilise their ADSL2+ router for connectivity.

We've had numerous issues with the box, and now, I want to setup a dedicated ISA 2004 server which has an internal PCI ADSL2+ modem connecting the server directly to the ISP.  The device appears as a basic network card, so support is no issue.  I am however trying to clarify how the setup will additionally work.

We have a dedicated Small Business Server running ISA 2004 with one public IP address, and another firewall which provides access to my companies internal clients.  Both of these servers also have public IP's and I want to place them behind my front end ISA.  I want to be able to monitor activity from both the SBS network and the company network.

I've been told by my ISP that I should just setup my front end server with a public IP address, but I'm not sure if this is correct.

Hope someone can help

James
Post #: 1
RE: Installing ADSL2+ modem in ISA server - 17.Mar.2010 5:03:15 PM   
pwindell

So you ISA2004 IS the SBS?....or you have a separate ISA2004 on a dedicated box.?

Phillip Windell

(in reply to james_heathcote)
Post #: 2
RE: Installing ADSL2+ modem in ISA server - 17.Mar.2010 5:07:09 PM   
pwindell

If the answer is "yes",...the SBS/ISA would BE the Firewall.  The "other firewall" would be eliminated because the ADSL2+ line would come directly into the built in ADSL2+ Moden in the SBS/ISA

Phillip Windell

(in reply to pwindell)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> DMZ >> Installing ADSL2+ modem in ISA server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts