• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

cant upload files

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> SharePoint Publishing >> cant upload files Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
cant upload files - 18.Jan.2009 6:42:27 PM   
MHelal

Hello all,
i have strange problem, i know some ppl reported it before without find solution but let me re try again...
1- SPS published on web server on IIS using port 8888 (for example)
2- i created share point publishing through ISA 2004 and ISA 2006 using the following
General tab: Defaults (Enable)

Action tab: Defaults (allow)

From tab: Defaults (from anywhere)

To tab: Server field=10.20.30.40

Forward original host header (checked)

Requests come from ISA Server

Traffic tab: Defaults

Public Name tab: all domains

Paths tab: /*

Bridging tab: Redirect HTTP requests to port (checked), 8888 entered.

Users tab: Defaults (All Authenticated Users)

Schedule tab: Defaults (Always)

Link Translation: Removed

Listener tab: Networks=External

Port(HTTP)=80

Port(HTTPS)is disabled

Authentication methods= integrated

Always authenticate=No

after that i tried to connect to SPS through ISA, and its asked me for U\P and it working fine except (uploading files to library) uploading page cant be displayed
each time i tried to upload file to library i can see from IE the website trying to connect to to port 8888 instead of 80 !!!!!!!!
Note: that only happen when uploading files, and all content files after uploading mapped to SPS port 8888 "when pause mouse to the files its give me the path and i can see port 8888"

anyway i tried to fix that by translate as the following
HTTP://10.20.30.40:8888 to HTTP://10.20.30.40
after that, when i paused mouse on any item i can see right path "without port 8888"
i tried to upload files; the uploading page appear this time, but once i uploaded i don't get any error and uploaded file not appear on the library, while i can find it manually (write file path to IE) and its uploaded to server !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i did one thing which make it work, as the following
1- added another share point publish role, which published port 8888 on ISA server to port 888 on SPS server
2- disable link translation

after that; when i tried to upload files, its redirected me to port 8888, but ISA server now have new publishing role for this port mapping to same SPS but still i facing the following two problems
1- browser asked again for authentication username and password when tried to upload files "mapped to port 8888 and tried to use new publishing role"
2- the URL show port 8888, which is not acceptable at all

please any help ??!!!!

< Message edited by MHelal -- 18.Jan.2009 6:51:00 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: cant upload files - 19.Jan.2009 3:04:11 PM   
inderjeet

Check your steps against http://www.it-training-grote.de/download/isaserver-sps.pdf 

OR match you configuration against my ISA-SharePoint publishing demo http://cid-33ba27522c6ccddc.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/ISASERVER-COnfig/ISA2006-SharePoint%202007%20Publishing.wmv

Let Link Translation be enabled.
In Public Name: Use the exact name, dont use all domains
On, Authentication Delegation select the either Basic or NTLM authentication
You weblistener can use any port irrespective of the ports you are using at the back end server
And, Most Imp that you use the SharePoint Publishing Wizard in ISA 2006 to publish SharePoint web sites. Do not publish SharePoint websites uisng the website publish wizard.

Inderjeet (MSFT)
My Blog: http://isingh.spaces.live.com

If you are a Microsoft Gold Partner, Contact us for Advisory/Consulting Services, Check https://partner.microsoft.com/US/supportsecurity/40012316

(in reply to MHelal)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> SharePoint Publishing >> cant upload files Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts