• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ISA 2006 firewall service hangs

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> ISA 2006 firewall service hangs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ISA 2006 firewall service hangs - 26.Jan.2009 12:17:38 PM   
yeskaygee1

I have ISA 2006 EE array with 2 servers in NLB ( 1 external, 1 internal and 1 sync int). The CSS runs on a separate box.

I had a problem with 1 ISA server and had to uninstall the ISA. Done. The server got removed from the array and all the connections were going through the second ISA.

Now i reinstalled ISA joined it to the existing array. Upon restarting on completing the installation ISA firewall service would not start. The event viewer states firewall service hung with event id as 7022. I could not decipher appropriate reasons from other sites.

I have updated the latest OS patches and installed SP1 for ISA 2006 and still the firewall service would not start. If any one can shed some light on this it would be really helpful.

Regards,
Karthigeyan Sankar
Post #: 1
RE: ISA 2006 firewall service hangs - 3.Feb.2009 8:00:41 AM   
tshinder

What other information did it provide with that Event ID?

Thanks!
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to yeskaygee1)
Post #: 2
RE: ISA 2006 firewall service hangs - 3.Feb.2009 1:50:24 PM   
yeskaygee1

Thanks for the reply. The problem is resolved now. For some reason the firewall service would not start when the server is rebooted. I tried starting the service from the ISA console, and the service came up after 2 hours.

Apparently I had some earlier sync issues between the arrays in NLB due to which it would take upto an hour for the servers to sync. Probably due to this factor the firewall service took long time (close to 2 hour) to start.

I am still clueless about the event id alerts due to this.

Regards,
Karthigeyan Sankar

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> ISA 2006 firewall service hangs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts