My wish that would make ISA Server better (Full Version)

All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Misc.] >> ISA 2006 Wish List

SPEnthusiast -> My wish that would make ISA Server better (3.Feb.2009 6:04:16 PM)

Here's a wish I have that would help in broader ISA Server adoption:
Microsoft and everyone else involved with ISA Server must educate people that use computers on networks protected by ISA Server about attacks that occur at Layer 2, and the implications of Ethernet being a hierarchical network.

Most people that use Windows based PCs have no clue that what they do on their PC has ramifications on the entire global Ethernet underworld.

I'm looking for a 100Mbps(Fast Ethernet) NIC that has a signed user-mode driver for Vista and perhaps also for Windows 7. So, I'm specifically looking for NICs that have drivers that are not kernel-mode and that are signed.

Could someone please post some suggestions?

Thanks.

SteveMoffat -> RE: My wish that would make ISA Server better (3.Feb.2009 7:50:56 PM)

lol...you just don't have any idea at all.

Go & troll on a checkpoint or Juniper forum...

fixitchris -> RE: My wish that would make ISA Server better (18.Mar.2009 5:03:27 AM)

I don't think that a user-mode driver for a NIC is possible.  Part of the driver, such as the winsock interface may be user-mode, but hardware access must be in ring 0.

Page: [1]