• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

need to migrate rules from 2004 array to 2006 enterprise

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> need to migrate rules from 2004 array to 2006 enterprise Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
need to migrate rules from 2004 array to 2006 enterprise - 4.Feb.2009 2:54:50 PM   
gltrusty

I'm in need of a little migration assistance from the guru's on this site. Our enterprise has been running a single ISA 2004 enterprise with a single array (PRD) in the US as a forward Internet proxy for web browsing. All ISA rules exist in the array and not the enterprise set.

We're now implementing regional Internet presence in Europe and Asia. We have created a new ISA 2006 enterprise in Europe and plan to use regional arrays (EU, NA, APAC).  I want to manage the common rule set at the enterprise level for simplicity. Regional specific rules and network settings will remain at the array level.

Since we have allot of rules, I would like to find an automated way to move the array rules to the enterprise ruleset.

Is there a way to export my 2004 PRD array rules and import those rules into the new ISA 2006 enterprise ruleset?

Thanks for any advice or direction you may be able to provide!
Lee
Post #: 1
RE: need to migrate rules from 2004 array to 2006 enter... - 4.Feb.2009 8:58:06 PM   
richardhicks

Hi Lee,

I've done something similar in the past where I have exported array level objects and imported them at the enterprise level, but in looking at exports of array level and enterprise level access rules, it appears that they are very different.  If you wanted to spend some time with it you might be able to reverse engineer something that will work, as I did.  Not sure if it will be worth the effor though.

Richard Hicks - Forefront MVP
http://tmgblog.richardhicks.com/
http://directaccess.richardhicks.com/

(in reply to gltrusty)
Post #: 2
RE: need to migrate rules from 2004 array to 2006 enter... - 10.Feb.2009 3:46:41 PM   
gltrusty

Thanks Richard, I appreciate the response.

Lee

(in reply to richardhicks)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> need to migrate rules from 2004 array to 2006 enterprise Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts