• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Site to Site VPN drops some users occasionally

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> DMZ >> Site to Site VPN drops some users occasionally Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Site to Site VPN drops some users occasionally - 4.Feb.2009 4:21:18 PM   
vmachine

We have two separate sites, one protected by ISA 2004 SP3 on Windows Server 2003 SP2, the other protected by ISA 2006.

All of the clients are using Windows Server 2003 (Developers) or Windows XP Pro on the network behind the ISA 2006 server.

I have created an IPSEC Site to Site VPN between the sites, and all works fine. Apart from one or two users who, for some reason, are able to access resources on the other network, and then for no apparent reason, they are not. Complete cut-off. It appears to be synchronous as well, when one user is down, the others are as well.

There are not a large number of users in question, two or three out of 25. But this issue has been plaguing me for a couple of months now, and I cna't find anything to resolve it!!

In Session monitoring on ISA 2006 I can see SecureNAT sessions from the client IP address, as well as Web Proxy sessions. If I try and disconnect these and get the user to connect, nothing changes. Session monitoring on ISA 2004 only shows a handful of SecureNAT sessions, the troubled clients are not included in this list.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received!!
Thanks
Vance
Post #: 1
RE: Site to Site VPN drops some users occasionally - 10.Feb.2009 2:03:18 PM   
inderjeet

Are there any alerts about the affected clients exceeding their connection limits or any spoof alerts from these clients? You can check it under the alerts tab in monitoring of you ISA 2006

< Message edited by inderjeet -- 10.Feb.2009 2:04:21 PM >

Inderjeet (MSFT)
My Blog: http://isingh.spaces.live.com

If you are a Microsoft Gold Partner, Contact us for Advisory/Consulting Services, Check https://partner.microsoft.com/US/supportsecurity/40012316

(in reply to vmachine)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> DMZ >> Site to Site VPN drops some users occasionally Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts