• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Bypassing NLB

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Network Infrastructure >> Bypassing NLB Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bypassing NLB - 17.Feb.2009 10:16:17 AM   
Rievax

Hello all,

I have 2 ISA 2004 Enterprise. 4 NICS: LAN, DMZ #1, DMZ #2, Heartbeat. NLB is configured on LAN, DMZ #1 and DMZ #2.

In DMZ #1, I have an F5 Big IP (load balancer with SSL Accelerator) that is load balancing a web site with a public SSL certificate on multiple IIS servers. This F5 unit is know to be incompatible with MS NLB used by the ISA 2004 Enterprise (is is not answering back to the sender's MAC address but to the source one...).

I was wondering if someone had an idea on how to bypass the NLB and use only one ISA node so I will be able to access the published web site on the F5 from the LAN.

I tryed many ways (web chaining, routing, web publishing on ISA physical IP...) but nothing worked. When NLB is enabled, it looks like there is no way arround. The goal in to make it work going through the F5. I know I could talk directly to one of my IIS servers.

Thanks for reading!

Cheers.

X.
Post #: 1
RE: Bypassing NLB - 27.Aug.2009 10:00:06 AM   
pwindell

You cannot mix a third-party load balancing product with ISA-NLB.  You have to eliminate one or the other.

Phillip Windell

(in reply to Rievax)
Post #: 2
RE: Bypassing NLB - 31.Aug.2009 8:26:50 AM   
Rievax

Thank you for the answer!

Or maybe, I could use non-load-balanced proxy between the two... I'll give it a try one day...

(in reply to pwindell)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Network Infrastructure >> Bypassing NLB Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts