• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

How do I set up multiple static IP addresses on ISA 2006

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> How do I set up multiple static IP addresses on ISA 2006 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How do I set up multiple static IP addresses on ISA 2006 - 3.Mar.2009 1:56:46 PM   
yomtov

Hi All

How do I set up multiple static IP addresses on ISA SERVER 2006

we are trying to create seperate rules that listen on differant public ip addresses for instance terminal services on ip#1  exchange services on ip#2 our website on ip#3 now i only have the option "EXTERNAL" networks
Post #: 1
RE: How do I set up multiple static IP addresses on ISA... - 3.Mar.2009 3:14:57 PM   
Dumber

I assume you have one ISA server and not using a load balanced environment.
in that case add the ip addresses to the external interface and adjust the publishing rules.

Marcel
Netherlands

MCTS, MCITP (SA,EA) MCP, MCSA:Security, MCSE:Security, CCNA, CCSA, CCSE, CCSE+
No matter how secure, there is always the human factor.
http://www.phetios.com/

(in reply to yomtov)
Post #: 2
RE: How do I set up multiple static IP addresses on ext... - 3.Mar.2009 8:45:07 PM   
yomtov

i configured the nic with the primary public ip and under advanced ip address i entered the rest of the ip's
now do i need to create a new network or network set for each public ip in isa?

< Message edited by yomtov -- 3.Mar.2009 9:43:58 PM >

(in reply to Dumber)
Post #: 3
RE: How do I set up multiple static IP addresses on ext... - 4.Mar.2009 11:55:57 AM   
paulo.oliveira

Hi,

there´s no need. Because every IP who is not in any other ISA Network definition is considered External Network to ISA firewall.

Regards,
Paulo Oliveira.

(in reply to yomtov)
Post #: 4
RE: How do I set up multiple static IP addresses on ext... - 4.Mar.2009 6:32:27 PM   
yomtov

i created networks for each public ip and specified those ip's in the publishing rules.
should i delete them and just select external or leave it as is?

also how do i create a rule that my exchange server should allways connect via specific public ip inbound and outbound?

(in reply to paulo.oliveira)
Post #: 5
RE: How do I set up multiple static IP addresses on ext... - 5.Mar.2009 8:08:11 AM   
paulo.oliveira

Hi,

quote:

i created networks for each public ip and specified those ip's in the publishing rules.
should i delete them and just select external or leave it as is?

remove those createds Networks. Leave only the default External Network. When you creating the publishing rule, you can specify what external IP address you listen the connection.

quote:

also how do i create a rule that my exchange server should allways connect via specific public ip inbound and outbound?

ISA will always use the primary IP address as outbound IP. This is by design.
There´s a 3rd party that can help you. Check here: https://www.collectivesoftware.com/Products/IPbinder

Regards,
Paulo Oliveira.

(in reply to yomtov)
Post #: 6
RE: How do I set up multiple static IP addresses on ext... - 5.Mar.2009 9:01:05 AM   
yomtov

so how do i configure isa to use the non primary public ip on my exchange server?

(in reply to paulo.oliveira)
Post #: 7
RE: How do I set up multiple static IP addresses on ext... - 5.Mar.2009 9:04:42 AM   
yomtov

oh you answered that allready so we need third party software for that im used to sonicwall can be don on the fly

(in reply to yomtov)
Post #: 8
RE: How do I set up multiple static IP addresses on ext... - 5.Mar.2009 9:05:25 AM   
paulo.oliveira

quote:

ISA will always use the primary IP address as outbound IP. This is by design.
There´s a 3rd party that can help you. Check here: https://www.collectivesoftware.com/Products/IPbinder

Regards,
Paulo Oliveira.

(in reply to yomtov)
Post #: 9
RE: How do I set up multiple static IP addresses on ext... - 5.Mar.2009 9:28:11 AM   
paulo.oliveira

quote:

ORIGINAL: yomtov

oh you answered that allready so we need third party software for that im used to sonicwall can be don on the fly

The next version of ISA (TMG) will do that!

Check here: http://www.carbonwind.net/blog/post/2009/02/07/TMG-Beta-2-e28093-Quickly-Print-Screening-Through.aspx

Regards,
Paulo Oliveira.

(in reply to yomtov)
Post #: 10
RE: How do I set up multiple static IP addresses on ISA... - 12.Nov.2010 3:31:43 PM   
ramond22

I have run into the same problem - installed ISA and can't see how you add the public IP addresses to the External Adpater in ISA. When I add the ip's into the NIC TCPIP settings underadvanced - the best practice tools says I have a configuration error with muliple gateways? Is there a place in ISA where you register the 5 public IPs I received from AT&T? Thanks in advance for your help

(in reply to Dumber)
Post #: 11
RE: How do I set up multiple static IP addresses on ISA... - 16.Nov.2010 11:34:30 AM   
mikemalter

Ramond22,

What I did was to add my static public IP's to my public NIC.

Then I set up both an HTTP and an HTTPS listener for each IP address. In those listeners in the Networks tab, I select the IP I want to use being careful not to duplicate IP's out of the HTTP/HTTPS pairs.

All server publishing rules have an explicit IP selected in the networks tab.

In web publishing in the To tab, I have selected to forward the original host header, and, Requests appear to come from the original client (make sure your published servers and web servers are using ISA as the default gateway).

Then in monitoring under the logging tab, start a query, and in the Destination IP, you'll see the public IP that gets hit first before traffic shows up inside your network.

Hope that helps.

Mike Malter
Mike Malter & Associates, Inc.
The Computer Mutt Blog

(in reply to ramond22)
Post #: 12

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> How do I set up multiple static IP addresses on ISA 2006 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts