• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

SSL Client Cert with NO Authentication?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> SharePoint Publishing >> SSL Client Cert with NO Authentication? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SSL Client Cert with NO Authentication? - 11.Mar.2009 6:47:52 PM   
AnthonyP

I'm curious to see if this type of setup is possible.

ISA Server 2006 SP1, publishing a MOSS 2007 farm using SSL Client Certificate Authentication along with KCD.  This setup requires that a user have both a client certificate AND an account on the domain to have access to the site.  Current non-AD users would be able to self-regiter themselves for an account to get access to the portal.

Our client wants to change this setup and, instead, initially allow *any* user with a valid client certificate access to the main portal site.  If that user wants to access additional information they would then be able to go through the self-registration piece to get full access to the portal.

Hopefully, I've explained the situation correctly.  I know this can be done in IIS fairly straightforward, but with ISA Server, I'm not so sure.  From what I have read, SSL Client Certificate Authentication obviously requires some sort of authentication before the user is allowed access to the site. 

So, my question is this:  Is there a way to require a user present valid client certificates but not be authenticated against AD? 
Post #: 1
RE: SSL Client Cert with NO Authentication? - 12.Mar.2009 1:11:49 PM   
AnthonyP

I think the answer to my question is, yes.  One should be able to accomplish this through a many-to-one client certificate mapping.

(in reply to AnthonyP)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> SharePoint Publishing >> SSL Client Cert with NO Authentication? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts