We've been using Outlook Anywhere (RPC over HTTP) successfully for the past 6 months.
Yesterday our leased line ISP had problems, and our connected speed went from 2mb/2mb to about 256k/256k, and traffic slowed right down, causing Outlook Anywhere to stop working, probably due to a large number of people trying to connect on such a slow line. Outlook just sits there saying 'Trying to connect...'.
However, today, the leased line is back up to full speed, but Outlook Anywhere is still having problems, it just continously says 'Trying to connect...'. Our OWA site works, which is published through the same ISA rule, and people can connect, however Outlook Anywhere errors with: 12202 The ISA Server denied the specified Uniform Resource Locator (URL). 1460 This operation returned because the timeout period expired. 64 The specified network name is no longer available RPC_IN_DATA http://owa.domain.com/rpc/rpcproxy.dll?exchange.domain.com:593 RPC_OUT_DATA http://owa.domain.com/rpc/rpcproxy.dll?exchange.domain.com:593
We're using ISA2006 on Windows 2003 SP2. Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 R2. Outlook 2003 SP3.
What else could be stopping Outlook Anywhere from connecting correctly? Ben
< Message edited by bjblackmore -- 20.Mar.2009 7:42:13 AM >
IP address hasn't changed, not sure what the problem was, we've sorted it now, and it seemed to be more of an Exchange 2003 problem than ISA. I initially thought it was ISA, as Outlook has been working perfectly for users in the office all through out the problem it was only affecting external users using Outlook Anywhere, and we also found OWA was giving random 'Service Unavailable' messages. But a stroke of luck I'd recently been testing Exchange 2007 SP2 for deployment, while diagnosing the problem we found OWA on the test Exchange server never had a problem, which ruled out ISA. Up on further testing it appears to have been some communication problem between OWA and Exchange, even though they are both running on the same server. We built a new Exchange 2003 server, with a totally clean install, tested OWA & Outlook Anywhere and it seemed to work, we then moved all of our users mailboxes across to the new server and haven't had a problem since...(touch wood!).