• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Server Pub Rule but ActiveX blocked

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> Server Pub Rule but ActiveX blocked Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Server Pub Rule but ActiveX blocked - 24.Mar.2009 12:47:41 PM   
Jon5567

I'm trying to use a server publishing rule to access an internal server which is not located on the ISA server itself, but that requires an ActiveX control to present an important machine display panel. From within our network and by browsing to the DHCP-reserved local address, the ActiveX control loads fine in IE. And, using the new server publishing rule, I can also browse to the designated external IP address and get everything from this server's web page (text, headers, tables, etc), but not the ActiveX control graphic. It would seem to be blocked by ISA or the gateway. I've studied the firewall logs and can't find where the ActiveX control is denied. Thoughts? Thanks all in advance for helping.
Post #: 1
RE: Server Pub Rule but ActiveX blocked - 27.Mar.2009 1:43:15 PM   
pwindell

There is a difference between allowing the activex control to install -vs- having it actually work after it is installed.

Installing the control is just over http,...there is nothing about ISA that should bother that.

However after it installs and executes in the user's browser it has to actually form a communication session to the server it deals with for the Panel Display.  It would be just like if it was a regular user Application installed from a Setup.exe and run from the Start Menu.  So you have to determine the nature of that communication and then Publish the server that it connects to.  This would be a completely separate Publishing aside from the Web Site itself.  The only thing the web site is really doing is acting as a delivery mechanism for the ActiveX Control, after that the web site is not part of the equation.  Then the web browser is just simply providing the Operating "enviroment" for the Control to run in.

That is the best analysis I can come up with without being personally involved with it.

Phillip Windell

(in reply to Jon5567)
Post #: 2
RE: Server Pub Rule but ActiveX blocked - 27.Mar.2009 1:52:37 PM   
Jon5567

Thanks for your input. Just an hour ago I got tech info from the control manufacturer about which ports need to be opened to permit the activex viewer to pass thru ISA (which was not documented in their manual!). Got it working now. I appreciate your reply.

(in reply to pwindell)
Post #: 3
RE: Server Pub Rule but ActiveX blocked - 27.Mar.2009 2:26:08 PM   
pwindell

Very good!
You're welcomed sir.

Phillip Windell

(in reply to Jon5567)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> Server Pub Rule but ActiveX blocked Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts