• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ISA 2006 FTP client access

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Web Proxy] >> Unihomed >> ISA 2006 FTP client access Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ISA 2006 FTP client access - 1.Apr.2009 9:52:38 PM   
chrisgibbs

Hi All,

I'm trying to get FTP client access working through ISA at the moment and have been finding conflicting reports.

Our environment is a single-homed ISA 2006 Server that is used Internally for forward and reverse proxying. We would like FTP clients attempting to access external FTP to be able to be proxied through it. We would also like the ability to upload and download.... as well as support authentication both Windows and then FTP pass-through)

We have tried access-rules, FTP-Filter & Firewall Client?? All donít seem to work. Firewall Client for one is quite confusing with no good documentation. FTP-Filter appears to not support upload and the access-rules donít really apply cause the ISA server is not our default gateway......

We have also tried a SOCKSv5 plug-in filter (as the SOCKSv4 doesnít support authentication) which we got working, but the user will have to manually type username and password into client and the communications between ISA and the client for SOCKSv5 is in clear text (Limitation of the plug-in filter)

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all

Chris
Post #: 1
RE: ISA 2006 FTP client access - 2.Apr.2009 5:25:08 AM   
mrjahnara

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb794745.aspx

Regards

Abdul Rahuman.M

(in reply to chrisgibbs)
Post #: 2
RE: ISA 2006 FTP client access - 2.Apr.2009 12:21:38 PM   
pwindell

quote:

Our environment is a single-homed ISA 2006 Server that is used Internally for forward and reverse proxying.

It is a single Nic ISA.
So forget it,...ISA is not involved.
The "HTTP-encapsulated-FTP" that you get via the Web Proxy Service with a Web Browser is just simply not the FTP you will be using.

You will be using the "real" FTP Protocol which in your LAN design is going to be provided by whatever you are using as a Firewall Device.

Plain and simple

Phillip Windell

(in reply to chrisgibbs)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Web Proxy] >> Unihomed >> ISA 2006 FTP client access Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts