• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

RADIUS for wireless on DMZ

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> General >> RADIUS for wireless on DMZ Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RADIUS for wireless on DMZ - 29.Apr.2009 9:53:29 AM   
dgunner

Hi,

I have my WAP on a DMZ network configured with 2 SSIDs, each on a separate VLAN. Both SSIDs use RADIUS authentication (internal network) and everything works fine.

What I am looking for is to tidy things up a bit. For guests, it is a bit of a pain to have to configure their wireless connection - is there a way I could move the RADIUS from the wireless connection to the browser i.e. allow them to connect but use RADIUS authentication to gain access to websites?
Is there a way of enabling a one time password with ISA for RADIUS? People could just give their RADIUS user id and password to someone else otherwise....

I did try enabling RADIUS authentication on the network but I had to configure the browser with the proxy details which again is a bit of a hassle!

For internal users, I am thinking of allowing them Internet access via wireless but then requiring VPN to get onto the Internal network. Does this sound sensible or could I treat their wireless segment as just another part of the internal network and simply setup some access rules to route accordingly? I guess with the VPN if someone does get onto the wireless network for internal users they won't get very far....

Many thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: RADIUS for wireless on DMZ - 1.May2009 8:35:25 AM   
tshinder

The VPN solution is a good one for domain users who are on the wireless DMZ.

No reason why you can't use a one time password for the other users. AuthLite should support this.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to dgunner)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> General >> RADIUS for wireless on DMZ Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts