• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

WPAD functionality issue in ISA !

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> General >> WPAD functionality issue in ISA ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WPAD functionality issue in ISA ! - 5.May2009 7:15:41 AM   
Suneel.sharma

I have 2 ISA servers, ISA NLB is configured and both are added in single Array.
ISA1 -wpad + CSS (10.113.26.49)
ISA2 -wpad+CSS (10.113.26.47)
Vertual IP 10.113.26.80
WPAD is configured on both ISA servers on port 3128 and also Web proxy clients are configured on same port 3128.

I have 40 lans in my network and clients create the session to web servers in LAN with WPAD (without any functionality of proxy), Directly access computers check box is checked in Web Browser tab of Internal network.

but sometime some traffic for web servers (placed in LAN ) goes through proxy and give the issues while things works fine without Automatic setting (proxy off setting). Things start to works fine after sometime automatically .

Is there any change or practice to use WPAD on ISA in large network.

Please help, my email id is sunil19sharma@gmail.com

regds/suneel

Suneel Kumar harma
MCSA,CCNA,ITIL,Check Point.
Post #: 1
RE: WPAD functionality issue in ISA ! - 5.May2009 5:06:29 PM   
pwindell

WPAD is configured on both ISA servers on port 3128 and also Web proxy clients are configured on same port 3128.

That is one really iog mistake. WPAD needs to be published on port 80,..period,..end of story,...it is the way it has to be.  DNS will not work with WPAD on any other port and this can not be altered.

The second thing is a bit of a guess since you didn't give all the details,...
The URL for the WPAD script  used in DNS and in DHCP needs to be based on a DNS "A" Record entry of specifically "www" in lower case.   The "www" needs to be associated with the Array IP# of 10.113.26.80

At this point, when done correctly the browser will detect the proxy with nothing more than a check in the first checkbox of the Autodetect Proxy setting even with everything else blank.  The Firewall Client when used will take care of itself and detect the proxy properly with the WPAD setup.

Once detected the NLB Array iteslf will determine exactly which proxy gets used by the particular client, that is the primary thing NLB Arrays are supposed to do..

Phillip Windell

(in reply to Suneel.sharma)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> General >> WPAD functionality issue in ISA ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts