• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Will TMG support authentication to a non MS LDAP directory?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010] >> General >> Will TMG support authentication to a non MS LDAP directory? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Will TMG support authentication to a non MS LDAP direct... - 12.May2009 12:23:03 PM   
jasonmcochran

I have donwloaded the TMG VHD from Microsoft's public website to see if it was possible to configure authentication to a non Microsoft LDAP, but it does not appear to be an option.  Does anyone know if there is a plan to add support for authenication to anything other than RADIUS, AD or LDAP to AD?

Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Will TMG support authentication to a non MS LDAP di... - 12.May2009 12:40:23 PM   
Jason Jones

What directory do you need?

Jason Jones | Forefront MVP | Silversands Ltd
My Blogs: http://blog.msedge.org.uk/ and http://blog.msfirewall.org.uk/

(in reply to jasonmcochran)
Post #: 2
RE: Will TMG support authentication to a non MS LDAP di... - 12.May2009 1:16:11 PM   
jasonmcochran

The new 2008 AD LDS would be great, but any LDAP directory besides AD will work.

Thanks!

(in reply to Jason Jones)
Post #: 3
RE: Will TMG support authentication to a non MS LDAP di... - 18.May2009 9:22:34 AM   
tshinder

No -- TMG has the same LDAP support as the ISA firewall.

For expanded LDAP option, investigate IAG or the upcoming UAG.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

Post #: 4
RE: Will TMG support authentication to a non MS LDAP di... - 20.May2009 9:23:22 AM   
jasonmcochran

Thanks for the reply, Tom. It's disapppointing that TMG will not support authentication to AD LDS, but at least now I can plan accordingly.

Post #: 5
RE: Will TMG support authentication to a non MS LDAP di... - 22.May2009 8:58:08 AM   
tshinder

On the bright side, the IAG and subsequent UAG does support LDAP to all authentication providers

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

Post #: 6
RE: Will TMG support authentication to a non MS LDAP di... - 9.Jun.2009 4:36:42 PM   
mylo

Tom,

Thumbs up with the IAG support, but it'd be nice if TMG could specify a base DN, search scope and a custom user attribute such as UID to support LDAP v3 servers.... I know now for simplicity's sake it's easy to mask that use via samAccountName, but it'd definitely be an extra string in the bow for external non-AD support.

Regards,
Mylo

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 7
RE: Will TMG support authentication to a non MS LDAP di... - 11.Jun.2009 9:24:38 AM   
tshinder

If you're wanting to do this for inbound access control, then UAG is your future. Few resources going forward will be devoted to TMG for inbound access, as most of those are going toward the UAG. So it would be great to get on board early :)

Thanks!
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to mylo)
Post #: 8

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010] >> General >> Will TMG support authentication to a non MS LDAP directory? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts