• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Help With OWA and ISA 2004 Please!!!

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Exchange Publishing >> Help With OWA and ISA 2004 Please!!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help With OWA and ISA 2004 Please!!! - 16.Jul.2009 10:05:08 AM   
eternityseeker

I have an ISA 2004 on one server, and SBS2003 with ms-exchange and active directory on another server, i created the certificate for OWA, i created the Rules ON ISA 2004, i can access the Outlook website from the ISA Server machine, but not from the active directory server which is the one publishing certificate, i can't access the web page from internal or external notwork, it only works on ISA Server machine, can anybody tell me why would that be?????

On the Isa 2004 Server, i have ISA2004 SP1, SP2, SP3  all installed
i have dhcp running
on the SBS2003 Server only the exchange and the active directory,....can't figure out what's wrong help please...
thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Help With OWA and ISA 2004 Please!!! - 16.Jul.2009 10:17:53 AM   
eternityseeker

by the way SMTP virtual server is installed, i wanted to install the ISA 2004 completely.

(in reply to eternityseeker)
Post #: 2
RE: Help With OWA and ISA 2004 Please!!! - 21.Jul.2009 1:32:08 PM   
yba02

Hi,
Your problem has nothing to do with ISA.  OWA has to work internally before we talk about ISA.  As you have mentioned in your post, OWA works only from ISA, but not from anywhere else.
Thus, forget about ISA for now and thus about the publishing rule for that matter. 
Moreover, a certificate is not an issue for OWA at all. If the CA is not known or the certificate is expired or invald, your would "only" receive a warning message when the OWA page starts loading.
Revise your OWA configuration steps.  I suggest you go over it again.  There are lots of articles, some of them are in this site, that explain how to have OWA work.
Only when you can make it work for you internally will them come the time to talk about publshing OWA to your external users.
Awaiting your feedback.

Regards
Yba

Post #: 3
RE: Help With OWA and ISA 2004 Please!!! - 21.Jul.2009 3:03:56 PM   
Rotorblade

quote:

Your problem has nothing to do with ISA.  OWA has to work internally before we talk about ISA.

It would if the URL requests are looping back through ISA?

You need to configure any internal URL requests to directly access internal resources. Based on what you shared, I would question that your ISA is properly configured. More infomation on your setup would be needed to get you headed down the right path.

RB

David Melvin
Ohio
MCSE: Security 2003, MCSA:Security 2003

Post #: 4
RE: Help With OWA and ISA 2004 Please!!! - 21.Jul.2009 3:10:02 PM   
yba02

Thanks for the tip RB.
In fact yes, if the box "bypass proxy server for local addresses" is unchecked, then requests from your local clients' browsers will try to access OWA through ISA, the case in which publishing rules are concerned.
If that box is unckecked, check it and try again and see what would happen.

Thanks
Yba

(in reply to Rotorblade)
Post #: 5
RE: Help With OWA and ISA 2004 Please!!! - 18.Sep.2009 7:31:19 PM   
eternityseeker

Thanks a lot for your help, i finally managed to get it woking at last, i had to start over again to make it work, it seems that i was missing a point or tow, but it woks fine now, the only thing that's bugging me now, is that the ISA Best practice analyser always say that the certificate doesn't have a private key, then i renew the certificate and it works fine for a couple of days then, again it tells me that it doesn't have a private key, i don't what to do about it, it's working anyway... Thanks again

(in reply to yba02)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Exchange Publishing >> Help With OWA and ISA 2004 Please!!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts