• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ISA 2006 as Web Proxy for External Users

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> HTTP Filtering >> ISA 2006 as Web Proxy for External Users Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ISA 2006 as Web Proxy for External Users - 13.Aug.2009 8:12:59 PM   
jacobdixon

Ok, I have researched google and still cannot figure this out. I am new to ISA server. The article I followed orginally was: http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-22_11-5961196.html?tag=sc

A little of my configuration:

Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition x86
It is added to the domain
I have one NIC that has a external interface (ip) and one that is on the internal network (no default gateway on this one).

I read a article and from what Iread it seemed you got more from adding it to the domain.

Anyways, I am trying to block certain websites from our users. But the thing is, I want them to go through the "proxy" server when they are both internal and external.

The way I have it setup right now, it worked perfectly ONLY if you are VPN into the ISA server! When you are not, or even on the internal network it doesn't work! I set the PRoxy Server to the external IP of the ISA server and here is my configuration:

1. Allow PPTP from All Networks to Local Host
2. Deny FTP,HTTP,HTTPS from All Networks to Blacklist(URL Set)
3. Allow 'Web Proxy (Port 8080)' from All Networks to 10.10.0.103(internal interface)
4. Allow FTP,HTTP,HTTPS from All Networks to All Networks
5. Allow All Outbound Traffic from VPN Clients to Internal and Localhost
6. Deny All Traffic from All Networks to All Networks

On the LOCAL HOST Networks I have Web Proxy enabled (HTTP Port: 8080)
On the authentication I have tried both INTEGRATED checked with REquire All users to authenticate and without.

Again it works perfectly ONLY if I am VPN into the ISA server! Other than that it doesnt work at all! What am I doing wrong? Thanks

Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> HTTP Filtering >> ISA 2006 as Web Proxy for External Users Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts