Adding Outlook RPC via HTTPS to current OWA site (Full Version)

All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing

Eldon -> Adding Outlook RPC via HTTPS to current OWA site (17.Aug.2009 11:02:24 AM)

I currently have an Exchange 2003 Front End\Back-End environment, with a single front-end Exchange Server for Outlook Web Access 2003 in place and functioning properly.  I have a firewall policy in ISA 2006 Standard for external OWA access and that is working just fine in my Production environment as well.  I now wish to add functionality for Outlook 2003 RPC via HTTPS to my firewall policy and would like to use the rules I currently have in place rather than create new rules. 

Question:  What would I need to add to my current Secure OWA policy to allow Outlook RPC via HTTPS traffic through?  Thanks!

tshinder -> RE: Adding Outlook RPC via HTTPS to current OWA site (20.Aug.2009 9:01:01 AM)

You need to create a new rule for RPC/HTTP, not overlay this on an existing OWA rule.

HTH,
Tom

SteveMoffat -> RE: Adding Outlook RPC via HTTPS to current OWA site (20.Aug.2009 9:10:54 AM)

Hi Tom, why is this so?

Eldon -> RE: Adding Outlook RPC via HTTPS to current OWA site (20.Aug.2009 9:33:05 AM)

Tom, with the new rule does this mean that I will need a new certificate as well or can I still point to my existing cert currently deployed for OWA?  Also, if my current OWA front end server is owa.eldon.com, will I need to establish a 2nd front-end for RPC (owa2.eldon.com)?

Thanks!

SteveMoffat -> RE: Adding Outlook RPC via HTTPS to current OWA site (20.Aug.2009 9:38:30 AM)

Tom may shoot me down in flames, but I see no reason not to have it on the same rule as your OWA. That's the way I do it & I've been doing it that way for years.

Eldon -> RE: Adding Outlook RPC via HTTPS to current OWA site (20.Aug.2009 9:43:12 AM)

Steve, based on your experience what should be added to expand my OWA rule to support RPC?  I'd like to avoid buying a new cert and/or setting up another front-end...

tshinder -> RE: Adding Outlook RPC via HTTPS to current OWA site (28.Aug.2009 8:44:23 AM)

Different authentication requirements in general.

Can you the same listener in most cases.

HTH,
Tom

schmidlap -> RE: Adding Outlook RPC via HTTPS to current OWA site (20.Sep.2011 7:41:18 PM)

"Tom may shoot me down in flames, but I see no reason not to have it on the same rule as your OWA. That's the way I do it & I've been doing it that way for years."

And that is also the way Tom does it in most of his tutorials. He sets up OWA and RPC simultaneously in the same rule.

Page: [1]