• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ADP and Java through ISA 2006 Standard

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> ADP and Java through ISA 2006 Standard Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ADP and Java through ISA 2006 Standard - 16.Sep.2009 6:11:05 PM   
rich.wolk

A user posted this a while back as you can see. I am experiencing this same issue. If I bypass the ISA I can connect without issue. Once I put the proxy setting in the client the browser based application establishes the SSL connection and initializes but no then I just get a blank gray screen. My outbound rule allows all traffic from protected networks to go to the ADP URL set and Computer set. Please let me know if anymore info would help and I appreciate any suggestions from you all.

Thanks,
--Rich

Also, I am able to do other SSL/Java sessions through similar rules, but the difference is those sessions do not require a certificate on the client desktop.

Java issue - 1.Nov.2006 12:17:35 PM   

showPicture("11/1/2006 12:17:35 PM",0,0,0,2002030988,20)

braxton_22

titleAndStar(2,0,false,false,"","")

Hello,
I am having a problem getting our payroll site to come up in IE.  We have an ISA 2004 Standard server acting as our proxy server.  It has websense 6.2 installed on it.  For my client machine I am running Xp Prof, no firewall client. 
The issue is, when I have my brower set at manual proxy server, the adp site comes up, and the Java applet asks me to verify the certificate.  When I do, it comes up and works fine.  When I change my browser to automatic configuration, the Java certificate question never comes up, and the java applet never loads.
I am kind of baffeled as to why this is going on, does anyone have any thoughts on it.  I have tried it with and without the firewall client installed.

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: ADP and Java through ISA 2006 Standard - 24.Sep.2009 12:40:02 PM   
pwindell

We use ADP for payrole perfectly fine through ISA and have never done anyting special to make it happen,..it "just works". 

Java Applets,...
The Sun Java JRE is miserable when a proxy is involved.  Go into the control panel config of the JRE. Go to the Networking Section.  Set it to function "directly" (no proxy at all).  Install the Firewall Client on the users machine.   The is not a global setting,...it has to be repeated for each user that may use the same machine.

I don't have to do this,...our JRE works fine as it is,...but I do know that sometimes (maybe differences in JRE versions) this has to be done.

The second problem may be IE Security Policies if you set them too restrictive. I use the normal Internet Zone with the Default Settings for that Zone.

Phillip Windell

(in reply to rich.wolk)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> ADP and Java through ISA 2006 Standard Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts