• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

allow internet access for specific number of hours

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> allow internet access for specific number of hours Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
allow internet access for specific number of hours - 30.Sep.2009 3:11:56 AM   
joejoesam

Hello

I like to know if there is a way I can configure isa 2006 access rule to allow our internal users access to internet for specific number of hours per day. For example a user can access the internet for a maximum of 2 hours per day, regardless of the time of day. The only thing that I am concerned with is that their total internet usage stays within a specific limit.

Regards

joejoesam
Post #: 1
RE: allow internet access for specific number of hours - 30.Sep.2009 10:40:36 AM   
pwindell

No.

ISA was design as a Corporate Business Firewall Product,.....not as an Internet Cafe or Hotel Internet Service device.

Phillip Windell

(in reply to joejoesam)
Post #: 2
RE: allow internet access for specific number of hours - 30.Sep.2009 12:21:37 PM   
elmajdal

Hi,

You can accomplish this by integrating ISA with Bandwidth Splitter from www.bsplitter.com

HTH,
Tarek

Tarek Majdalani

Windows Expert - IT Pro MVP
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ElMajdal.Net

(in reply to joejoesam)
Post #: 3
RE: allow internet access for specific number of hours - 12.Oct.2009 1:29:15 PM   
nadeemafzal1974

Dear Friend,

You can do this by applying setting in the access rule at schedule time. You can define time that when this rule will available and when this will not.

Regards,

Nadeem Afzal

(in reply to elmajdal)
Post #: 4
RE: allow internet access for specific number of hours - 12.Oct.2009 2:10:11 PM   
pwindell

He isn't wanting specific hours,..he is wanting a specific time span that begins whenever the user first starts (like a pay-per-use Internet cafe).

Phillip Windell

(in reply to nadeemafzal1974)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> allow internet access for specific number of hours Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts