• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Using multiple SMTP gateways with ISA2006

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> Using multiple SMTP gateways with ISA2006 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Using multiple SMTP gateways with ISA2006 - 30.Sep.2009 11:19:53 PM   
RufusBoy

I currently have an ISA2006 gateway configured on my network. It is also performing other roles, but I'll keep this to just the configuration problem at hand.

The ISA server has 3 NIC's.

Internal Network: 192.168.12.1
Perimeter Network: 192.168.14.1
External Network: External IP addresses

I currently have an edge transport role on IP address 192.168.14.10, and a hub transport role on IP address 192.168.12.10.

Rules are setup to both publish a listener on the external IP no:1, as well as to allow sending of SMTP traffic via "external".

All MX records are setup correctly, and all SMTP traffic works fine incoming and outgoing, with external email server being able to confirm that the sending IP matching my External IP for the Edge role.

My question is this: How do I publish and configure a second SMTP role, ie. a second Edge transport server? I can set it all up fine, but of course all traffic from it appears to come from the primary external IP, so external mail servers reject messages from it with it's IP not matching it's name.

This is what Microsoft says on the matter:

"If you have multiple SMTP servers behind the ISA Server computer, only one SMTP server can be published with the primary IP address of the external network adapter. In this case, you install an SMTP gateway that will handle all SMTP traffic for all of your SMTP servers. You need to configure the following"

That's all well and good, but sounds like a single point of failure to me! Plus it doesn't allow for spreading the load from the Edge servers. Does anyone have any idea how I could make this work?
Post #: 1
RE: Using multiple SMTP gateways with ISA2006 - 1.Oct.2009 3:00:48 AM   
ferrix

IP Binder allows you to select which of your external IPs will be used for outbound TCP traffic.

(in reply to RufusBoy)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> Using multiple SMTP gateways with ISA2006 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts