• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Access Rule Problem????

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> General >> Access Rule Problem???? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Access Rule Problem???? - 6.Oct.2009 1:44:42 AM   
umarsr

Hi,

I am facing problem with the ISA with the Content Blocking, Actually i am running the Anti Virus Server on this ISA Machine.

The scenario  is that i have configured the two rules

Rule 1.

Name: Allow Internet
Action: Allow
Protocol: HTTP,HTTPS,SMTP,POP3
To: Internal, External
Condition: All Users
I have also Configure the HTTP Extensions blockage and also The select the 2nd option in the Content Blocking properties, checking all the options except the Audio and video.

Rule 2.

Name: Allow All Traffic
Protocol: All outbound Traffic
To: All Netwroks

At this stage the content filtering is not working. The SMTP port replying at this stage.
but i do the same scenario with the 2nd (Configure the HTTP Extensions blockage and also The select the 2nd option in the Content Blocking properties, checking all the options except the Audio and video.
)then content blocking is working but i cant ping the server also the Anti Virus Client cant connect the with the Server. And the Server is not accessible remotely(Remote Desktop) also.Also the SMTP port is not replying.

Plz Can any give me the proper guideline about the scenario that Content blocking is also done and the other Protocol must work fine.

Waiting the Very much kind response.

Best Regards,

Muhmmad Umar Rasul
MIS Administrator
Pan Gulf Industrial Systems co.
AL-Khobar 31952
KSA
Post #: 1
RE: Access Rule Problem???? - 13.Oct.2009 4:52:31 PM   
inderjeet

Your second rule is almost close to having no firewall on the server

Your first Access rule should be as below

Name: Allow Internet
Protocol: All Outbound (Or Selected)
To: External

Your Second rule should be a Non Web Server Publishing rule publishing your SMTP server. Use that rule wizard to have that service working..

By the way, What kind ISA configuration are you using? Is that a Single NIC, Dual NIC or 3 NIC?

Inderjeet (MSFT)
My Blog: http://isingh.spaces.live.com

If you are a Microsoft Gold Partner, Contact us for Advisory/Consulting Services, Check https://partner.microsoft.com/US/supportsecurity/40012316

(in reply to umarsr)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> General >> Access Rule Problem???? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts