• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Upgrade from Trial to full

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> Upgrade from Trial to full Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Upgrade from Trial to full - 7.Oct.2009 1:23:47 PM   
doom969

Hello everyone,
We have 4 ISA 2006 servers in 4 sites that where installed with the 180days trial of ISA. After a couple of months of testing the product, we decided that it was what we need, went ahead and bought 4 licences of ISA std.
After a bit of research on the net i realized i cant just go ahead and enter the lience key. I also discovered i cant upgrade to the licence version because theres a media mismatch that prevents me from installing over the previous installation.
What i did was backup/export the config to the xml file, uninstall, reboot, reinstall, apply sp1 + updates, import / restore config. After doing that, the isa works flawlessly, but there is a problem :
The media i have for installation is the one i downloaded from eopen (it already has a licence key in it). When i intall it and apply updates, it shows a correct product id on isa server computer details. As soon as i restore my xml file in it it shows a 030-60000001 product id, wich indicates a trial version. So it looks like the restore / import of the xml file (i tried both) reverts it to a trial version ??
I am really at a loss with this as it looks like there is no way to update my trials to my registerd versions. I really dont want to have to reconfigure everything as it took a while to get everything right..
Right now i'm really scared that the trial version are going to expire on me next week or so, bringing everything down
Any help would be really appreciated

Thank you
Doom969
Post #: 1
RE: Upgrade from Trial to full - 19.Oct.2009 10:39:04 AM   
paulo.oliveira

Hi Doom,

AFAIK, this is not a problem. But if you want to "fix it", you have to run the Repair option on ISA from the Add/Remove programs control panel applet.

More info: http://forums.isaserver.org/m_2002075008/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm#2002077345

Regards,
Paulo Oliveira.

Microsoft Premier Field Engineer (PFE)
Blog: http://poliveirasilva.wordpress.com/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/poliveirasilva

(in reply to doom969)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> Upgrade from Trial to full Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts