Changing of IP address (Full Version)

All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> General

james71 -> Changing of IP address (7.Oct.2009 3:42:40 PM)

Hi Everyone,

My project with ISA server 2006 is just about done and i'm getting ready to move on to another company. The company i work for is moving their offices to a new location. Which means they will be moving over to a new ISP provider and new static IP addresses will assigned to them.

My question is when they move to the new provider they will probably need to change the IP Address of the External NIC card on the ISA server. As far as i can tell, all of the firewall rules have been created to interact with Zones such as Internal Network, External Network and DMZ network. As far as the external NIC is concerned will that be the only thing they to change to ensure ISA is still functioning properly?

My feeling is yes but i would like confirmation from the experts.

Thanks,
James

ptlinva -> RE: Changing of IP address (7.Oct.2009 11:18:06 PM)

Yes, I've had to do it a few times.

Just change the IP's for the network card as you normally would and it will work just fine.

However, if you are "publishing" anything internal to outside "live" IP addresses, you will need to update those rules accordingly.

Good Luck and let us know if you have any problems!

james71 -> RE: Changing of IP address (8.Oct.2009 3:08:49 PM)

Thanks ptlinva, i appreciate your response and will take note.

James,

Jason Jones -> RE: Changing of IP address (9.Oct.2009 3:40:59 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ptlinva

Yes, I've had to do it a few times.

Just change the IP's for the network card as you normally would and it will work just fine.

However, if you are "publishing" anything internal to outside "live" IP addresses, you will need to update those rules accordingly.

Good Luck and let us know if you have any problems!

Don't forget to restart the Microsoft Firewall service after applying any IP address changes...

Page: [1]