Redirect users to a web page that allows them to request access (Full Version)

All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> HTTP Filtering

truggeri3002 -> Redirect users to a web page that allows them to request access (20.Oct.2009 11:01:28 PM)

Hi there,
I have looked around on this site hoping that there is something out there that allows me to do the following:

All internal users are blocked from all internets sites with the exception of web sites that they need to do their work. If they visit a web site that is blocked  by ISA 2004, I would like to redirect them to an internal web page that allows them to submit the web site that they have visited to an administrator via email requesting access, similar to what we have on our sharepoint sites when users need access to a sharepoint page that they have visited but are denied.  Does something like this exist for ISA 2004?

Thanks

TR
An ISA Newbie

paulo.oliveira -> RE: Redirect users to a web page that allows them to request access (21.Oct.2009 7:06:05 AM)

Hi,

I think there´s two possible way to achieve it:

1- Remove the Allow access rule you´ve created;
Create a Deny access rule on ISA, denying connection to External Network and add your whitelist to exceptions;
At the Action tab select the option "Redirect HTTP requests to this Web page"

2- Take a look at this product. Don´t know if will exactly achieve what you want, but...
http://www.collectivesoftware.com/Products/Captivate

Regards,
Paulo Oliveira.

truggeri3002 -> RE: Redirect users to a web page that allows them to request access (21.Oct.2009 10:07:42 AM)

Well i was hoping for something i wouldn't have to purchase, maybe an open source plug-in

TR

paulo.oliveira -> RE: Redirect users to a web page that allows them to request access (21.Oct.2009 12:59:04 PM)

Hi,

have you tried option #1?

Regards,
Paulo Oliveira.

Page: [1]