• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

OWA FBA and EAS with Certificate Auth using one single listener

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> OWA FBA and EAS with Certificate Auth using one single listener Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OWA FBA and EAS with Certificate Auth using one single ... - 21.Oct.2009 9:50:28 AM   
AndiG

Hi,

I am running Exchange 2003, ISA Server 2006 with published OWA using FBA authenticating with Radius OTP.

I recently published Active Sync (EAS) and in fact this works pretty fine with the same FBA listener, cause ISA 2006 is falling back to basic authentification if necessary (if the client doesn't understand FBA). Unfortunately, every sync forces the mobile user to enter Username/Password, so this is not very comfortable way.

I'd rather like to use User Certificate Authentification but does this mean, I need to add a second listener and therefore a second, external IP at last? If I understand right, the listener for Certificate Authentification needs to be configured to use SSL-Clientauthentification?! If yes, is there an alternative way to configure FBA and Certificate Authentification using one single listener?

Greets,
Andreas
Post #: 1
RE: OWA FBA and EAS with Certificate Auth using one sin... - 21.Oct.2009 12:14:44 PM   
IanC

Hi Andreas,

No, you will need a separate listener for SSL Client Authentication.  You will also have to configure Kerberos Constrained Delegation.

Regards

Ian 

Ian Currie

nAppliance TMG/UAG Appliances - EMEA
www.surefront.co.uk

(in reply to AndiG)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> OWA FBA and EAS with Certificate Auth using one single listener Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts