• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Adding Forgot your password feature to ISA FBA login pag

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> General >> Adding Forgot your password feature to ISA FBA login pag Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Adding Forgot your password feature to ISA FBA login pag - 29.Nov.2009 2:22:28 PM   
haamforw

Hi,

Can anyone help/direct me in adding 'Forgot your password?' feature to the present ISA FBA based Login page when the user forgets his/her password ?

Basically what I would like to do is add another html page (to already present 25 set of html pages at C:\Program Files\Microsoft ISA Server\CookieAuthTemplates\ISA\HTML\ directory) with a textbox (to enter his/her email ID) and button to submit. I was successful in doing this.

Now comes the part where I need help. When the user clicks on the button - we have to check whether that particular email id is in the database (or Active directory) or not. If yes, send the user an email with their password. If no, display a page with message 'given email not found'. I am really directionless on how to implement the logic behind this button. I have the valid credentials to access the database/Active directory. Should I have to use Web Service? (if so, how?).

I tried to explain my best. Sorry for any inconvenience. Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Haram
Post #: 1
RE: Adding Forgot your password feature to ISA FBA logi... - 16.Dec.2009 8:20:04 AM   
tshinder

Interesting problem.

let us know if you figure it out.

Thanks!
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to haamforw)
Post #: 2
RE: Adding Forgot your password feature to ISA FBA logi... - 16.Dec.2009 11:19:48 AM   
Jason Jones

I would look at a password reset product and then add a link to the FBA page that redirects them to the password reset portal for the relevant password. Most of this solutions use out of band questions to identify the user.

Product exist from Quest, Citrix, Microsoft etc.

Someone has already done a lot of the hard work, so you can take advantage of that rather than re-invent the wheel...

Cheers

JJ

Jason Jones | Forefront MVP | Silversands Ltd
My Blogs: http://blog.msedge.org.uk/ and http://blog.msfirewall.org.uk/

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 3
RE: Adding Forgot your password feature to ISA FBA logi... - 8.Jul.2013 9:41:03 PM   
sospopuu

I tried Super Windows Password Reset last week when I forgot my Admin password. It helped me enter my Windows directly without losing any data. So I suggest you try this way. Here is the step by step tutorial of how to reset Windows password.
Step1, Get an accessible computer, download the Windows password reset software from
http://www.passwordreset.biz
, install and run.
Step2, Burn the software onto the CD/DVD/USB
Step3, Insert the burned CD/DVD/USB into the computer that you have lost login passwords. And then following the step by step wizard to finish password recovery!

(in reply to Jason Jones)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> General >> Adding Forgot your password feature to ISA FBA login pag Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts