• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ISA 2004 and video

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> ISA 2004 and video Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ISA 2004 and video - 7.Dec.2009 8:56:07 AM   
mlwdfw@yahoo.com

We are using ISA 2004. The workstation is XP SP2 with firewall client installed.
We are trying to video conference to the outside world using the Logitech vid software.
When trying to make a connection, ISA has the following error:

Log type: Firewall service
Status: The object cannot be created because an object with the same name already exists.
Rule: Internet Access Groups
Source: Internal ( x.x.x.x:2599)
Destination: External ( 66.151.151.20:5062)
Protocol: Unidentified IP Traffic (UDP:5062)
User: somedomain\someuser
Additional information
Number of bytes sent: 0 Number of bytes received: 0
Processing time: 431250ms Original Client IP: x.x.x.x
Client agent: vid.exe:3:5.1

I don't understand what "The object cannot be created because an object with the same name already exists" means and what the object could possibly be. What possible "object" could ISA be complaining about and/or what could possibly be the problem? Thanks for any help.
Mike
Post #: 1
RE: ISA 2004 and video - 7.Dec.2009 10:07:59 AM   
SteveMoffat

Have you created the correct outbound access rules? Have you server published the camera's IP addrress?

Thanks
Steve

ISA 2006 Book! - http://tinyurl.com/2gpoo8
TMG Bible - http://tinyurl.com/ykv85hr
www.isaserver.bm

The built in ISA help is likely the most comprehensive help built into an application anywhere. USE it!!! Search it!!! RTFM

(in reply to mlwdfw@yahoo.com)
Post #: 2
RE: ISA 2004 and video - 7.Dec.2009 1:30:24 PM   
mlwdfw@yahoo.com

Thanks for inquiring Steve.
Yes oubound access rule has been created. Right now it just states to allow all outbound protocols for authenticated users. Very simple.

As for publishing the camera's IP, no. That's not how we want to use it. The camera is attached to a Windows XP computer and is to be used to make only out going calls from it for video conferencing with people who allow incoming calls using the "Logitech vid" software, but this workstation and camera will not be recieving any calls and will not be published.

When we try to call someone who is also using the Logitech vid software, that's when ISA is coming up with the error message stated previously. Thanks for any help.

Mike

(in reply to SteveMoffat)
Post #: 3
RE: ISA 2004 and video - 7.Dec.2009 7:30:58 PM   
SteveMoffat

Dear dear dear.....If the corresponding party is to see your user then you will have to publish the camera..you can make it granular by only allowing the IP address of the 3rd party to use it. Also, all out does "NOT" mean all out......

You need to create proper access rules for the protocols & ports that the camera uses.

Thanks
Steve

ISA 2006 Book! - http://tinyurl.com/2gpoo8
TMG Bible - http://tinyurl.com/ykv85hr
www.isaserver.bm

The built in ISA help is likely the most comprehensive help built into an application anywhere. USE it!!! Search it!!! RTFM

(in reply to mlwdfw@yahoo.com)
Post #: 4
RE: ISA 2004 and video - 8.Dec.2009 9:36:13 AM   
mlwdfw@yahoo.com

Steve, I really appreciate your efforts in this problem. Having a conversation such as this can be rather difficult. It's hard to get all information in the first post. It makes it to lengthy where things get missed or misunderstood or no one replys and so I find that if you start slow and build on information exchange, it's sometimes better. Sorry for going on but the next piece of this is:

I understand what you are saying about creating rules and publishing the camera, however, this ISA server is only being used as a Proxy and caching server (single NIC). Not as a firewall. It sits behind a Cisco firewall and only does proxy services. I can configure the Cisco firewall for the camera, and that works. I would rather that the video conference work through ISA so that I don't have to create extra rules in the Cisco.

The rule in the Cisco for the ISA server pretty much lets it do anything that it needs to (according to our Cisco expert, which I am not). According to our Cisco expert, anything initiated by the proxy can come in. Anything that is not intiated by the proxy can not come in, unless specific rules are create, which I'm hoping to avoid.

The problem is that when trying to video conference, it does not get past the proxy. The proxy keeps coming up with "The object cannot be created because an object with the same name already exists". Which I have no idea what the "object" could be or what the object with the same name is. In this setup, I don't think that publishing the camera through ISA is going to work. Using the Logitech software, two people meet on their site and initiate a video link between them. Which is a little different than connecting to each other directly. Thanks for any insite on this problem or any other suggestions that you might have.

Mike

(in reply to SteveMoffat)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> ISA 2004 and video Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts