• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Workings of the Connectivity Verifiers

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> Workings of the Connectivity Verifiers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Workings of the Connectivity Verifiers - 20.Jan.2010 11:37:19 AM   
rmharp

I have read the articles about the inner workings of the ISA connectivity verifiers but one thing has never been totally addressed. 

I have a connectivity verifier that does an HTTP Get request out to a web farm that is critical for operation.  The timeout is set to 5000 ms (the default) 

At what point does it trigger a "No Connectivity" Alert?  Because I get "Slow Connectivity" Alerts and it states that the measured response was 9452 ms or 12343 ms.  So I would assume this breaks the 5000 ms threshold and it should throw a "No Connectivity" alert but it does not.  At what point does a "Slow Connectivity" turn into a "No Connectivity"?  Is there a drop dead point in there somewhere?

Thanks....
Post #: 1
RE: Workings of the Connectivity Verifiers - 6.Oct.2011 4:39:58 AM   
PatrickM

Im trying to understand this myself :)
When I interperate this tutorial : http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/Using-Connectivity-Verifiers-Forefront-Threat-Management-Gateway-TMG-2010.html
..i draw the following conclutions:
If threshold set to 5000msec (default) the Slow Connectivity will trigger from 5sec up to 30sec. Above 30 it will trigger No Connectivity.
Can someone confirm that I understand this right?

What if I set threshhold to a number above 30000msec? like 50000msec...
Does it wait two cycles (2x30sec) before flags as No Connectivity?

Then.... A really strange thing we've notised:
Depending what threshold I set, I get different responcetimes... Not that it should be affected of threshold...

Aprox. Examples:
Threshold set to 50000msec gives responce of 60000-65000msec response(website restart)

Threshold set to 25000msec gives responce of 36000-44000msec response(website restart)

Threshold set to 5000msec gives responce of 15000-20000msec response(website restart)

Threshold set to 2000msec gives responce of 4000-6000msec response(website restart)

-:Thanks:-

Patrick.M
MCP on Microsoft Proxy 2.0

(in reply to rmharp)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> Workings of the Connectivity Verifiers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts