Configuration status always in Updating (Full Version)

All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> General

mrtflv -> Configuration status always in Updating (28.Jan.2010 10:09:00 AM)

Ihave two isa server 2006 configured on a domain (adam) reserved for them, and both have configuration storage installed.
They worked fine for 2 year, but now one of them has the configuration status in Updating, last updated 30th November 1999 1.00.00, and the description report Server is updating configuration to match the configuration storage server configuration.
What is strange is that if a do any changes in the firewall policy in any of the two server they are correctly reported in both of them.
I did all the check for name resolving, active directory diagnostic and all seems ok.
Someone has any idea
Thanks
Flavio

paulo.oliveira -> RE: Configuration status always in Updating (28.Jan.2010 3:10:27 PM)

Hi Flavio,

check for date and time, just a guess... [8|]

Regards,
Paulo Oliveira.

mrtflv -> RE: Configuration status always in Updating (29.Jan.2010 4:40:43 AM)

Thanks for the suggestion but the time is correct and is in sync between the two isa servers.
Any other idea?
Flavio

paulo.oliveira -> RE: Configuration status always in Updating (29.Jan.2010 12:41:29 PM)

Hi,

have you tried to run ISABPA?

Regards,
Paulo Oliveira.

mrtflv -> RE: Configuration status always in Updating (29.Jan.2010 3:38:27 PM)

Of course, it was the first try to run isabpa, and it report only that the server is updating and this is normal after some changer, run isabpa again after few minutes.
I really don't know what else to do.
I forced even the cache refresh but none changed.
Flavio

paulo.oliveira -> RE: Configuration status always in Updating (30.Jan.2010 9:15:24 AM)

quote:

I forced even the cache refresh but none changed.

Did you mean this?

https://blogs.technet.com/isablog/archive/2009/01/26/Rebuilding-ISA-Configuration-Cache.aspx

Regards,
Paulo Oliveira.

mrtflv -> RE: Configuration status always in Updating (30.Jan.2010 11:10:00 AM)

Yes, it's exactly what i did to try to solve but none changed.
Thanks
Flavio

SelhurstPalace -> RE: Configuration status always in Updating (24.Nov.2011 7:07:32 AM)

Hi,
     Did you ever find a solution to this problem, we have now started to experience the same symptoms. We have a node ISA 2006 array which has been running for over 2 years without problems but now one of the nodes is stuck in the status "updating" and the description "server is updating configuration to match the Configuration Storage server configuration" in the Configuration Tab. There are no errors reported that I can see and I can still make changes in the config that seems to be replicated to both servers which is really strange?
Any pointers greatly received.
Thanks,
Peter

mrtflv -> RE: Configuration status always in Updating (24.Nov.2011 9:39:14 AM)

Hi, i solved in the following way
On both of isa server i executed the following after verifying that the time was in sync:
reg add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\RAT\Stingray\Debug\ISACTRL /v CTRL_MIXER_CACHE_BUILD_NEW_IN_NEXT_UPDATE /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
after that i changed a configuration on both of my servers, and committ the changes. then i rebooted the servers and than
reg add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\RAT\Stingray\Debug\ISACTRL /v CTRL_MIXER_CACHE_BUILD_NEW_IN_NEXT_UPDATE /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

hope this help
Flavio

SelhurstPalace -> RE: Configuration status always in Updating (24.Nov.2011 9:56:19 AM)

Thanks for getting back so quickly, I will apply the fix later and let you know the result. As I mentioned the strange thing is that the affected node does seem to be updating OK, if I change a rule it does get the new settings as I can see it being passed through in the logs......but it remains in "updating" in the configuration tab. The other node synchs fine.
Peter

SelhurstPalace -> RE: Configuration status always in Updating (28.Nov.2011 6:06:48 AM)

Hi,
    Just looking to apply this fix, do you (or anybody else) know if it is necessary to do it on all the servers in the array or just the affected node? I'm concerned that if I apply this fix to all servers in the current array at the same time time and it goes wrong I will not be at all popular as our ISA array is publishing many of key web services here..............I was thinking of applying it just to the affected node then at least if it doesn't work I still have the other operating correctly.
Thanks,
Peter

deragoku -> RE: Configuration status always in Updating (12.Apr.2012 9:27:13 PM)

There is no error report, I can see, I can still change in the configuration seems to be copied to the two servers, which is very strange?

artur.obrebski -> RE: Configuration status always in Updating (14.Aug.2012 1:15:35 AM)

Hi I have the same problem with my one node. Server is updating all the time. I do everything that You write here but it's doesn't work. The reg don't work
Please help.

BlueLotus -> RE: Configuration status always in Updating (24.Oct.2013 5:39:30 AM)

It might be due to the error in updates. It is better you uninstall the whole software and then install them back as new. I believe that will fix the issues or you. It will help to resolve most of the updating issues.

Page: [1]