• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

how to use different route for branch office

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Branch Office >> how to use different route for branch office Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
how to use different route for branch office - 31.Jan.2010 7:15:16 AM   
Sudev

Hi,

Our main office network is 192.168.9.0/24 and branch office is 192.168.10/24 which is connected using leased line router. ISA server internal address in main office is 192.168.9.1 and that of leased line router to branch office is 192.168.9.254. Our servers in main office connects to internet as NAT client by specifying ISA server internal IP 192.168.9.1 as their gatewway. How can I configure my ISA server to forward all branch office traffic to leased line router IP 192.168.9.254 without modifying anything on my NAT client. I can easily do this by specifying static route on client side but I want to achieve it by making necessary configuration on ISA server side for simplicity.

Thanks and regards

Sudev
Post #: 1
RE: how to use different route for branch office - 16.Sep.2010 12:53:21 PM   
pwindell

Simple.

The "leased line router" has effectively become the LAN Router for the over-all LAN (whether you want it to be or not doesn't matter,...it now is)

So:
1. All hosts on the LAN use the Lease Line Router as the Default Gateway.
2. The Lease Line Router must use the ISA as the Default Gateway.  This must be done properly so that it does not break the WAN connection.
3. The ISA uses the Lease Line router as the "path" [gateway] to get to the opposite side of the WAN.  This is done with a Static Route on the ISA.
4. The IP Range of all the LAN Segments (all Sites) must be added to the Internat Network Defintion within the ISA config.

Phillip Windell

(in reply to Sudev)
Post #: 2
RE: how to use different route for branch office - 16.Sep.2010 12:59:23 PM   
pwindell

This is how it would look:

You could also redesign it like this by moving the Lease Line Router to a 2nd Internal Network hanging off a third nic in the ISA  This is actually the simplest to deal with.  the diagram uses a VPN as the example,...but it is the same principle for a private Lease Line setup:

Phillip Windell

(in reply to pwindell)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Branch Office >> how to use different route for branch office Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts