error when trying to test web publishing policy (Full Version)

All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Web Proxy] >> Unihomed

asatas -> error when trying to test web publishing policy (8.Feb.2010 6:41:40 AM)

Hello Everyone...

I was asked to setup ISA server and publish an internal website.
I've used HP server with one NIC, fresh build of Server 3003 St. SP2.

ISA Server ST SP1 installed. I've created two firewall policies one which allows me to access Internet form the ISA server (temporary..)
and second the website publishing policy. The first one works, however, when I try to test the second one I get an error.

Category: General error
Error details: The test failed because a connection to the ISA Server computer cannot be established. The rule was not tested on this ISA Server computer.
Action: Verify that ISA Server computer is on, the Firewall service is running, and that this management console is included in the Remote Management Computers computer set.

Now, the test is being performed on the ISA server locally not remotely firewall service is on and so is the ISA itself. I'm lost,
any help would be much appreciated. Many thanks J.

aliyanisabrey -> RE: error when trying to test web publishing policy (2.Mar.2010 12:49:54 AM)

hi,

where is your website located? is it different server? or in ISA Server itself?

the error you provided, is that the one you try to do on second policy?

asatas -> RE: error when trying to test web publishing policy (2.Mar.2010 5:10:51 AM)

Hi
Thank you for the reply. I've sorted it already. The reason for the error was stopped windows firewall service on the ISA server. Once started, all is well :).

thanks anyway... J.

aliyanisabrey -> RE: error when trying to test web publishing policy (2.Mar.2010 5:29:51 AM)

okay...great..

Page: [1]