• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Access to external SharePoint Server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> Access to external SharePoint Server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Access to external SharePoint Server - 15.Feb.2010 2:50:51 PM   
RichStevenson

Running isa2006 on win2k3 R2 SP2. We have the firewall client installed on all client machines and do not have it configure the browser. The fw catches everything and runs it through our filters. This worked perfectly until we decided to try CyfinBlock. They insist that the web browser has to be configured for the proxy. So I set that in the FW client settings. Now, I have a ShaerPoint site (not ours) that my users are trying to hit unsuccessfully. They can access it if the browser proxy is disabled, but with it enabled, it keeps prompting them for their sharepoint credentials.
Looking at the log I saw some anonymous requestes being made to the site. So I created a rule to allow anonymous access to that sharepoint site. But that didn't work. The user is still prompted for the sharepoint creds over and over. Everyting in the log is green and I ran it through the troubleshooter and it also came back green, showing me that my new rule is allowing access.
The only way it does work is if I set the destination to External instead of my specific Domain Set. This would indicate that requests are being made to another domain outside of the one that I specified. But I do not see any others in the logs.
Any suggestions? I guess I'm perplexed on how access works with the FW client sending traffic to the ISA, but having the browser settings enabled prevents access?

Thanks,
Rich
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> Access to external SharePoint Server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts