• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

2 IP on the External NIC

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Network Infrastructure >> 2 IP on the External NIC Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2 IP on the External NIC - 19.Feb.2010 3:56:45 AM   
EDPSTR

Hi all,have an ISA Server 2006 STD edition.

My network configuration consists of

Internet <-> ISA Server <-> LAN

My ISA Server has the External NIC with 2 IPs on the same subnet because I've to publish an hw equipment on the second IP, and only 1 IP on the Internal NIC.

Now all my internal PCs and my HW equipment goes out with the same IP of the external NIC.

I'd like to know if there is any way to force the HW equipment to use the second IP of the External NIC to go to internet.

Best regards
Fabio
Post #: 1
RE: 2 IP on the External NIC - 19.Feb.2010 5:00:02 PM   
pwindell

No.  It is not possible,...and it does not matter.  The second IP# is for inbound traffic only,...it is not for outbound (and never will be).   It will work just fine the way it is,...if it does become a problem then you will have to publish it from the Primary IP#.  You can publish multiple things from the same IP# as long as the port numbers do not conflict.  Far too often people add more IP#s the the external nic of the ISA when they simply do not need to.

Phillip Windell

(in reply to EDPSTR)
Post #: 2
RE: 2 IP on the External NIC - 27.Mar.2015 7:34:03 AM   
sucheta

Get away with all obstructions that hamper the straight and fast internet connectivity between the driver and your computer hardware. Contact us for NIC with full TCP/UDP offloads.

UDP Acceleration

(in reply to pwindell)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Network Infrastructure >> 2 IP on the External NIC Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts