• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

need help with webmail setup

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> ISA 2004 SBS >> need help with webmail setup Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
need help with webmail setup - 10.Mar.2010 6:04:36 PM   
mkabwilliams

I have a Windows Server SBS 2003 R2 server with two nics in it. One is connected to my internet the other is connected to my network.

I can get to my webmail page from the server and any computer in my network but I'm trying to get to it from the external internet. But can't seem to get it to work correctly.

I've added a "A" record to my webserver pointing to my ISP ip address that my server is on for webmail.mydomain.com

I've gone in and setup the ISA to accept it and point it to my internal nic IP address but I can never get to the page.

Any help pointing me to a guide on how to set this up?

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: need help with webmail setup - 11.Mar.2010 9:34:33 AM   
Rotorblade

quote:

I've added a "A" record to my webserver pointing to my ISP ip address that my server is on for webmail.mydomain.com

Hi,

Ok, I guess maybe I'm a bit confused from your above statement. So where exactly is your webmail server being hosted? Internally, on your web server or at your ISP. If you can provide a little more detail that would help.

RB

David Melvin
Ohio
MCSE: Security 2003, MCSA:Security 2003

(in reply to mkabwilliams)
Post #: 2
RE: need help with webmail setup - 11.Mar.2010 11:12:58 AM   
Jason Jones

quote:

ORIGINAL: mkabwilliams

I have a Windows Server SBS 2003 R2 server with two nics in it. One is connected to my internet the other is connected to my network.

I can get to my webmail page from the server and any computer in my network but I'm trying to get to it from the external internet. But can't seem to get it to work correctly.

I've gone in and setup the ISA to accept it and point it to my internal nic IP address but I can never get to the page.

Any help pointing me to a guide on how to set this up?

Thanks

Webmail?????

What product - Exchange OWA, Lotus Notes Webmail???

Jason Jones | Forefront MVP | Silversands Ltd
My Blogs: http://blog.msedge.org.uk/ and http://blog.msfirewall.org.uk/

Post #: 3
RE: need help with webmail setup - 11.Mar.2010 12:20:35 PM   
mkabwilliams

webmail is OWA

my sbs 2003 r2 server is an edge server and host my email only. My website is hosted on a external 3rd party server. I just set the DNS on the webserver to point the subdomain webmail.domain.com to my self hosted exchange server.

Post #: 4
RE: need help with webmail setup - 12.Mar.2010 3:02:10 PM   
Rotorblade

Ok, so have your published it? Is this SBS instance also running ISA? When configuring ISA on the SBS, did you run the CEICW?

quote:

So your web sever is also hosting your FQDN zone records? Do you have a “split DNS” configured on your internal DNS to support the FQDN?

David Melvin
Ohio
MCSE: Security 2003, MCSA:Security 2003

Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> ISA 2004 SBS >> need help with webmail setup Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts