• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

What happens when the DirectAccess client connects to the site over VPN?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Forefront Unified Access Gateway 2010] >> DirectAccess >> What happens when the DirectAccess client connects to the site over VPN? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What happens when the DirectAccess client connects to t... - 27.Mar.2010 10:01:49 AM   
tshinder

That's a good question.

Let's say that you have a DirectAccess connection to the corporate network. DA works automatically, so you don't need to turn it on, which is quite cool. However, DA requires that the client be IPv6 aware (the server side doesn't need to be, but the client must be).

What if you have a client that isn't IPv6 aware?

In that case you can establish a VPN connection to the corporate network. But what happens to the DA connection while you're connected to the VPN?

It depends. In most cases the DA connection will turn itself off, since it will be able to resolve the name of the Network Location Server (NLS) and connect to it over HTTPS. When you disconnect from the VPN server, this will cause a change in network state, which will trigger a DA detection again for the NLS. When the NLS can't be contacted, it will cause the DA components to turn on again and you'll be connected over DirectAccess.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Forefront Unified Access Gateway 2010] >> DirectAccess >> What happens when the DirectAccess client connects to the site over VPN? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts