• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Problem Publishing Log and Report in TMG(ISA2010)

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010] >> General >> Problem Publishing Log and Report in TMG(ISA2010) Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problem Publishing Log and Report in TMG(ISA2010) - 1.Apr.2010 4:17:18 PM   
Kashif Karim

Hi All
Recntly I have Deployed ISA 2010(TMG)in our Organiztion Sucessfuly every thing is configure and running.i have an problem tha when i try to publish Report and logs it show me the blank sheet that contain no data.
but i have the log file in TMG default Folder kindly suggest me the solution ,how can i fix this problem
Thanks!

Kashif Karim
Associate IS Consultant
KalSoft(Pvt)Ltd.
Pakistan.
Post #: 1
RE: Problem Publishing Log and Report in TMG(ISA2010) - 2.Apr.2010 5:55:05 AM   
tshinder

What errors do you see in the Event Viewer?

Thanks!
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to Kashif Karim)
Post #: 2
RE: Problem Publishing Log and Report in TMG(ISA2010) - 2.Apr.2010 3:28:33 PM   
Kashif Karim

thanks for your attention i have checked all event no error found.As already i have told you every thing configure right.logs and reports also build but when i try to publish the log i got all the relevent fields in the html file but no entris in the field was found.

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 3
RE: Problem Publishing Log and Report in TMG(ISA2010) - 27.Apr.2010 10:53:49 AM   
Kovar

I have the same problem as Kashif Karim.
Everything works fine but there are no entries in Reports. Just blank pages. There are no events in event log as well. This worked in my previous ISA2004 without these problems...

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 4
RE: Problem Publishing Log and Report in TMG(ISA2010) - 27.Apr.2010 11:00:54 AM   
dvizzle

What logging format are you using? TMG 2010 generates blank reports if your logging in non-sql formats. Unfortunately TMG 2010 doesn't seem to support reports for .w3c log formats like ISA 2006 did.

http://forums.isaserver.org/Why_Can%27t_Reports_Be_Generated_Using_W3C_Log_Format%3f/m_2002099852/tm.htm

(in reply to Kovar)
Post #: 5
RE: Problem Publishing Log and Report in TMG(ISA2010) - 28.Apr.2010 2:51:50 AM   
Kovar

I have set logging to SQL Server Express Database (on local server) - both Firewall an Web Proxy. I have configured Reporting Settings - Report Server: local server running TMG2010. There are large files with *.ldf and *.mdf extensions in Logs directory of TMG.

Then I tried two things:
1. Create one-time report. Generate and view. Then I see only empty pages but with headings: Top Protocols, Top Users, and so on. But empty.
2. I go to SQL Report Manager. There is one folder named ISA2008 Reports. When I cilck on it, I get list of reports. I click on e.g. WebUsage_Users, select From and To Date and click on View Report. I always get this message:

An error occurred during client rendering.
An error has occurred during report processing.
Query execution failed for dataset 'DataSet1'.
Error converting data type nvarchar to datetime.

Any idea...?

(in reply to dvizzle)
Post #: 6
RE: Problem Publishing Log and Report in TMG(ISA2010) - 21.Jun.2010 11:21:34 PM   
green

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kovar

I have set logging to SQL Server Express Database (on local server) - both Firewall an Web Proxy. I have configured Reporting Settings - Report Server: local server running TMG2010. There are large files with *.ldf and *.mdf extensions in Logs directory of TMG.

Then I tried two things:
1. Create one-time report. Generate and view. Then I see only empty pages but with headings: Top Protocols, Top Users, and so on. But empty.
2. I go to SQL Report Manager. There is one folder named ISA2008 Reports. When I cilck on it, I get list of reports. I click on e.g. WebUsage_Users, select From and To Date and click on View Report. I always get this message:

An error occurred during client rendering.
An error has occurred during report processing.
Query execution failed for dataset 'DataSet1'.
Error converting data type nvarchar to datetime.

Any idea...?

Hi,

I am having exactly the same problem, has anyone worked out how to fix this yet?

Thanks,
Andrew

(in reply to Kovar)
Post #: 7
RE: Problem Publishing Log and Report in TMG(ISA2010) - 22.Jun.2010 8:18:05 AM   
dvizzle

My solution is not what I would advise.

I am logging in w3c format, then another product Cyfin Reporter is analyzing the logs with some other data we have going to it, and producing the reports based on that.

Really not happy that w3c format reporting was taken out of TMG 2010. Guess not too many people used it.

(in reply to green)
Post #: 8
RE: Problem Publishing Log and Report in TMG(ISA2010) - 22.Jun.2010 3:53:36 PM   
green

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately that solution doesn't solve the problem and I'd prefer to use Reporting Services for the reports I need.

I'll try and contact Microsoft to see if they can sort it out. This is a default install of TMG 2010 with very little customisation; it's some sort of bug.

Regards,
Andrew

(in reply to dvizzle)
Post #: 9
RE: Problem Publishing Log and Report in TMG(ISA2010) - 25.Jun.2010 6:21:57 AM   
larryp7639

quote:

ORIGINAL: dvizzle

What logging format are you using? TMG 2010 generates blank reports if your logging in non-sql formats. Unfortunately TMG 2010 doesn't seem to support reports for .w3c log formats like ISA 2006 did.

http://forums.isaserver.org/Why_Can%27t_Reports_Be_Generated_Using_W3C_Log_Format%3f/m_2002099852/tm.htm

Such a very amazing link!

(in reply to dvizzle)
Post #: 10
RE: Problem Publishing Log and Report in TMG(ISA2010) - 25.Jun.2010 6:31:03 AM   
green

Hi,

I have a support case open with Microsoft regarding the error. They have been working on it for two days and we are slowly working it out. They have been able to reproduce the problem in their test lab so I should hopefully have a resolution early next week.

To stop the nvarchar to date time conversion error change the server language to US English. This appears to be a bug in the product with DD/MM/YYYY date formats.

We have done this and the error has gone away but there is still no data being put into the Reporting Server so Microsoft are now working on this.

Will post more info as I receive it. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Andrew

(in reply to larryp7639)
Post #: 11
RE: Problem Publishing Log and Report in TMG(ISA2010) - 14.Jul.2010 3:25:55 AM   
PsYteAk

Hi Andrew, have you recieved more info on this case?

(in reply to green)
Post #: 12
RE: Problem Publishing Log and Report in TMG(ISA2010) - 14.Jul.2010 11:44:47 AM   
wishfly

you can create report with netfee for forefront tmg.
http://www.netfeesoftware.com

(in reply to PsYteAk)
Post #: 13
RE: Problem Publishing Log and Report in TMG(ISA2010) - 15.Jul.2010 2:14:19 AM   
green

I still have this case open with Microsoft. After a few days the reporting services started working after changing the location to the US so the date format was MM/DD/YYYY.

This appears to be a workaround allbeit not a very good one as all the reports are showing date in the incorrect format.

quote:

ORIGINAL: PsYteAk

Hi Andrew, have you recieved more info on this case?

(in reply to PsYteAk)
Post #: 14
RE: Problem Publishing Log and Report in TMG(ISA2010) - 16.Jul.2010 4:38:49 AM   
PsYteAk

I have set the local region setting to Format English (United States) MM/dd/yyyy
That's what you meant, right?

I still get the Report failure every night:

Description: The daily summary for day "07/12/2010" was not created. This may cause the report for this period to be inaccurate. Verify that no prior reporting configuration alerts exist, and that the reporting services on the designated Forefront TMG report server are running and accessible from all the array members. Use the source location 1001.105.7.0.8108.200 to report the failure.
The failure is due to error: 0x80040e57

Do I have to restart the server after changing this region settings?

(in reply to green)
Post #: 15
RE: Problem Publishing Log and Report in TMG(ISA2010) - 16.Jul.2010 9:16:12 AM   
tshinder

You might be able to just restart the reporting services.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to PsYteAk)
Post #: 16
RE: Problem Publishing Log and Report in TMG(ISA2010) - 20.Jul.2010 9:58:38 AM   
PsYteAk

I restarted the SQL reporting service but stil the same error every night when TMG trying to create daily summery for (e g) 07/19/2010 even that Windows region setting is dd/MM/YYYY.

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 17
RE: Problem Publishing Log and Report in TMG(ISA2010) - 10.Aug.2010 4:15:32 AM   
jagb

I have the very same problem in my TMG 2010 SP1, configured from scratch (the second time I did not import any ISA2006 old rules, and redid everything manually).

I have digged into the problem a bit more. The error is raised whenever DailySum.exe is run (usually at 0:30am, but I have also set it to run later, at 3:00am). You can even run it manually and the same error appears.

The purpose of this tool is grabbing data from ISAFW databases and aggregate/merge into ISA_RS_Db database. In particular, you can run a simple query:

SELECT TOP 1 [Date] FROM ISA_RS_Db.dbo.tblTrafficSummary_Daily ORDER BY [Date] DESC
and you will see the LAST date that the reports will show data. In my case it turns out to be 2010-08-02 00:00:00.000. Everyday since, the reports have failed because there are no underlying data (which is grabbed by DailySum.exe).

Even though I have not solved the problem, I might have given a hint for someone to follow up. I'll be working on it in the meanwhile.

Regards.

(in reply to Kashif Karim)
Post #: 18
RE: Problem Publishing Log and Report in TMG(ISA2010) - 25.Aug.2011 9:11:48 AM   
robpomeroy

quote:

ORIGINAL: green

change the server language to US English

Hell fire and damnation!!!

Why is the reporting component of TMG such an untested, half-hearted affair?

Author of the fantasy thriller, Insensate - available for all ebook readers and iDevices. Find out more >here<. Only 49p/99!

(in reply to green)
Post #: 19
RE: Problem Publishing Log and Report in TMG(ISA2010) - 30.Aug.2011 4:56:20 AM   
Imogen123

I have an open case with support from Microsoft about the error. They worked for two days and we are slowly working. They were able to reproduce the problem in their lab tests and hope for resolution early next week.

To stop nvarchar to date conversion error from time to change the language of the server to US English. This seems to be a bug in the product with the date format DD / MM / YYYY.

We did this, and the error has disappeared, but there is still no data will be included in the report server, so Microsoft is working on this.

Send more info as I receive it. Hope this helps.

Tomorrow is another day.
Tera Online Gold
Buy RS Gold

(in reply to robpomeroy)
Post #: 20

Page:   [1] 2   next >   >> << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010] >> General >> Problem Publishing Log and Report in TMG(ISA2010) Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts