• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Activation fails when you try to activate Windows 7 over the Internet

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Web Proxy] >> General >> Activation fails when you try to activate Windows 7 over the Internet Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Activation fails when you try to activate Windows 7 ove... - 22.Apr.2010 10:08:22 AM   
aliano666

When trying to activate Windows 7 over the Internet, the activation fail with error code 0x8004FE33
I've googled this issue and I've found a solution for my case, which is configuring my ISA proxy server to exclude the URLs for the certificate revocation lists (CRLs) from the requirement for Basic authentication which it is my exact case... so anyone know how to do this? where do i have to go? pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease
Post #: 1
RE: Activation fails when you try to activate Windows 7... - 22.Apr.2010 10:19:30 AM   
Jason Jones

Do you mean this: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winservercore/thread/5f0ad933-b464-4984-a6b1-c8e5da4be417 

If so, use the appoach in this article with the URLs defined in the above article to create the anonymous access rule required.

Cheers

JJ

Jason Jones | Forefront MVP | Silversands Ltd
My Blogs: http://blog.msedge.org.uk/ and http://blog.msfirewall.org.uk/

(in reply to aliano666)
Post #: 2
RE: Activation fails when you try to activate Windows 7... - 22.Apr.2010 10:25:42 AM   
aliano666

yes this is it

(in reply to Jason Jones)
Post #: 3
RE: Activation fails when you try to activate Windows 7... - 22.Apr.2010 10:31:55 AM   
aliano666

But Iíve tried to do what they said in the article u've sent but still the same, not working
I wanna know how to exclude sites from being authenticated on ISA, because in my case am using basic authentication (which i need it) anyone know how??

Post #: 4
RE: Activation fails when you try to activate Windows 7... - 22.Apr.2010 10:38:04 AM   
aliano666

this is what do i mean:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921471

Post #: 5
RE: Activation fails when you try to activate Windows 7... - 22.Apr.2010 11:11:02 AM   
Jason Jones

Ok, extracting contents to put it together for you:

Create an anonymous access rule for Windows Activation. To do this, follow these steps:
  1. Open the ISA Management console.
  2. In the left pane, right-click Firewall Policy, click New, and then click Access Rule.
  3. In the Name field, type Windows Activation, and then click Next.
  4. Click Allow, and then click Next.
  5. In the This rule applies to list, click Selected Protocols.
  6. Click Add.
  7. In the Add Protocols dialog box, expand Web.
  8. Click HTTP, and then click Add.
  9. Click HTTPS, and then click Add.
  10. Click Close, and then click Next.
  11. In the Access Rule Sources dialog box, click Add.
  12. In the Add Network Entities dialog box, expand Networks.
  13. Click Internal, and then click Add.
  14. Click the network object for each network that requires access to Windows Activation, and then click Add.
  15. Click Close, and then click Next.
  16. In the Access Rule Destinations window, click Add.
  17. In the Add Network Entities window menu bar, click New, and then click Domain Name Set.
  18. In the New Domain Name Set Policy Element window, in the Name field, type Windows Update.
  19. Click New.
  20. In the Domain names included in this set list, change the new entry to <Put Activation Domains from below here>
  21. Repeat steps 19 and 20 for each remaining domain that is listed in the section below, and then click OK.
  22. In the Add Network Entities window, in the Domain Name Sets section, click Windows Update, click Add, and then click Close.
  23. Click Next two times, and then click Finish.
  24. In the top part of the middle pane, click Apply.

In the top part of the middle pane, Apply and Discard buttons appear.
  25. Click Apply.
  26. When a "Changes to the configuration were successfully applied" message appears in the Apply New Configuration dialog box, click OK.

Make the Windows Update rule the first rule. To do this, follow these steps.

Note If you prefer to list all your Deny rules first, you can list the Window Update rule immediately after those rules.
  1. In the left pane, click Firewall Policy.
  2. If Windows Update is already the first rule in the list, stop here. If not, continue to the next step.
  3. In the middle pane, click Windows Update.
  4. In the right pane, click the Tasks tab.
  5. Click Move the selected rule up until Windows Update is the first rule in the list.

In the top part of the middle pane, Apply and Discard buttons appear.
  6. Click Apply.
  7. When a "Changes to the configuration were successfully applied" message appears in the

Activation Domains to add to Domain Name Set in step 20 above.
  • go.microsoft.com
  • sls.microsoft.com
  • sls.microsoft.com
  • crl.microsoft.com
  • www.microsoft.com
  • activation.sls.microsoft.com

Cheers

JJ

< Message edited by Jason Jones -- 22.Apr.2010 11:13:43 AM >

Jason Jones | Forefront MVP | Silversands Ltd
    My Blogs: http://blog.msedge.org.uk/ and http://blog.msfirewall.org.uk/

(in reply to aliano666)
  • Post #: 6
    RE: Activation fails when you try to activate Windows 7... - 27.Apr.2010 3:15:56 AM   
    aliano666

it's not working

Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
    All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Web Proxy] >> General >> Activation fails when you try to activate Windows 7 over the Internet Page: [1]
    Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts