Can I configured DirectAccess Clients without being on the Corpnet? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Forefront Unified Access Gateway 2010] >> DirectAccess

tshinder -> Can I configured DirectAccess Clients without being on the Corpnet? (20.May2010 7:25:19 PM)

One of the challanges you might have when you start deploying DirectAccess is that you might have a number of client system that never hit the corpnet. These users might be home office workers, or employees who travel all the time and never or almost never make it back to the main office, or even a branch office where they might be able to connect to the corporate LAN.

How do you provision this mobile computers that never see the corpnet? Easy! All you need to do it make sure that these domain joined computers have a remote access VPN connection to the corpnet. Users can then update their Group Policy setting using the gpupdate /force command link option to force a group policy update. After the user restsarts his computer, the DirectAccess links will activate, and that user will never need to worry about establishing a VPN connection again - DirectAccess will give him everything he needs on the corpnet, without think twice about where he might be.

HTH,
Tom

Jason Jones -> RE: Can I configured DirectAccess Clients without being on the Corpnet? (20.May2010 9:59:23 PM)

Providing users with the Remote Network Access application (SSTP) via the UAG portal is a really nice way to do this...

This can also be used as a great fallback (as defined in the DCA) for when DA is offline or behind an auth forward proxy...

Cheers

JJ

tshinder -> RE: Can I configured DirectAccess Clients without being on the Corpnet? (24.May2010 3:16:43 PM)

Great ideas!

Thanks!
Tom

Page: [1]