What can I do with a Windows Server 2008 R2 DirectAccess Client? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Forefront Unified Access Gateway 2010] >> DirectAccess

tshinder -> What can I do with a Windows Server 2008 R2 DirectAccess Client? (24.May2010 3:23:19 PM)

Both Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 can be DirectAccess clients. Why would you want a server to be a DirectAccess client? There are several things you can do with a server being a DirectAccess client. Since the server is always connected to the corpnet, and can always be managed by corporate IT, servcing the servers doesn't require a dedicated WAN link or VPN for IT to acces the server. The server could be a file server and use DFS to sync content with the corpnet. The server cold be a line of business server and always be connected to the corpnet. Just think of the possibilities of a server that doesn't depend on anything other than a live Internet connection to reach the corpnet - the possibilities are endless!

Jason Jones -> RE: What can I do with a Windows Server 2008 R2 DirectAccess Client? (24.May2010 5:21:45 PM)

Cool - never thouuht of that option!

tshinder -> RE: What can I do with a Windows Server 2008 R2 DirectAccess Client? (25.May2010 1:06:39 PM)

Hi Jason,
And I bet there are even more possibilities - I was thinking of a few of them off the top of my head yesterday.

If you have any other ideas, I'd be glad to hear them. Post them year, or feel free to expand on the concept on your blog.

I think the branch office enabling capabilities that DA has to offer can be significant - just like to be able to come up with more ideas.

Thanks!
Tom

Page: [1]