• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

What can I do with a Windows Server 2008 R2 DirectAccess Client?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Forefront Unified Access Gateway 2010] >> DirectAccess >> What can I do with a Windows Server 2008 R2 DirectAccess Client? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What can I do with a Windows Server 2008 R2 DirectAcces... - 24.May2010 3:23:19 PM   
tshinder

Both Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 can be DirectAccess clients. Why would you want a server to be a DirectAccess client? There are several things you can do with a server being a DirectAccess client. Since the server is always connected to the corpnet, and can always be managed by corporate IT, servcing the servers doesn't require a dedicated WAN link or VPN for IT to acces the server. The server could be a file server and use DFS to sync content with the corpnet. The server cold be a line of business server and always be connected to the corpnet. Just think of the possibilities of a server that doesn't depend on anything other than a live Internet connection to reach the corpnet - the possibilities are endless!

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.
Post #: 1
RE: What can I do with a Windows Server 2008 R2 DirectA... - 24.May2010 5:21:45 PM   
Jason Jones

Cool - never thouuht of that option!

Jason Jones | Forefront MVP | Silversands Ltd
My Blogs: http://blog.msedge.org.uk/ and http://blog.msfirewall.org.uk/

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 2
RE: What can I do with a Windows Server 2008 R2 DirectA... - 25.May2010 1:06:39 PM   
tshinder

Hi Jason,
And I bet there are even more possibilities - I was thinking of a few of them off the top of my head yesterday.

If you have any other ideas, I'd be glad to hear them. Post them year, or feel free to expand on the concept on your blog.

I think the branch office enabling capabilities that DA has to offer can be significant - just like to be able to come up with more ideas.

Thanks!
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to Jason Jones)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Forefront Unified Access Gateway 2010] >> DirectAccess >> What can I do with a Windows Server 2008 R2 DirectAccess Client? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts