• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ISA 2004 Exchange ActiveSync & iPhone

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> ISA 2004 Exchange ActiveSync & iPhone Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ISA 2004 Exchange ActiveSync & iPhone - 25.May2010 5:21:59 PM   
talkinggoat

 

Posts: 4
Joined: 14.Aug.2005
Status: offline
I have been trying for hours, and hours to setup ISA 2004 to allow exchange 2003 and IIS to accept connections from an iPhone. Here is the skinny... I can get the phone to connect, verify the account, password and certificate, but it won't download any mail, contacts or calendar, and I'm not sure what to do, from here. I think I've tried everything.


The local domain was set to websiteaddress.local (I'm substitution websiteaddress for the real one)


When I visit the website http://websiteaddress.com/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync, I get a prompt for a username and password, but when I enter it, I get
HTTP/1.1 501 Not Implemented I read somewhere that was normal.
I have a listener setup, as follows...


OWA:
Access: allowed
From: Anywhere
To: 192.168.1.2
Forward original header: Checked
Requests come from original client: Selected
Traffic: Http Https, Http users directed to use https
Listener:
  • networks: external
  • enable http and ssl
  • authentication: Integrated and Basic
  • Domain: WebsiteAddress.com
Public names: All Requests
Path:
  • /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync/*
  • /exchange/*
  • /oma/*
Binding:
  • http unchecked
  • https checked - no cert
Users: All
Schedule: All
Link: Nothing
 
 
 
Please Help
Post #: 1
RE: ISA 2004 Exchange ActiveSync & iPhone (SOLVED) - 25.May2010 8:27:04 PM   
talkinggoat

 

Posts: 4
Joined: 14.Aug.2005
Status: offline
I figured it out. Installed wire shark and had it listen to the incoming packets. Found that the iPhone was calling to the /exchange-oma/ folder. Checked the server's logs and found an access denied error. Checked the access restrictions on the IIS folder, mentioned above, and BINGO. It was set to listen only internally, on just that folder. Changed the setting and it instantly started working, so my ISA server was setup correctly. IIS was the culprit.

(in reply to talkinggoat)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> ISA 2004 Exchange ActiveSync & iPhone Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts