• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

LINUX and ISA by SSH

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Server Publishing >> LINUX and ISA by SSH Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
LINUX and ISA by SSH - 12.Jun.2010 4:00:00 AM   
nnmmss

In our LAN ,all computeres are windows except one which is linux. so i want to let external users have access to this linux PC. We Have ISA server 2006.so I published a non web server protocol with the following information

Server Ip Address" The IP address of Linux PC
Protocol :
      I created a new one : Port Range: 22 , Port Type:TCP,Direction :Inbound
Network Listerner: External

after that i Tried to connect to Linux PC by external Users which has Windowx XP, i used Putty . I can see the request comes to ISA server with "Initaited Connection", after a few seconds I get the "Connection time out" on  Client PC , and then the  "connection Closed" Closes on the ISA server.
where could be the problem?
Post #: 1
RE: LINUX and ISA by SSH - 23.Jun.2010 3:15:18 AM   
bent.schrader

Hi,

not sure if it is the same problem on your side, but 2 things to consider, I've seen in my environment:

- do not run Putty from a network drive, copy it to an local drive and start it from there (sounds strange, but that was my experience)
- increase the MTU size on the Linux machine (typically /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg.ethX)

As mentioned above, those things worked for me.

Regards,
Bent

(in reply to nnmmss)
Post #: 2
RE: LINUX and ISA by SSH - 9.Aug.2010 7:08:27 PM   
Satanmat

make sure you also have an outbound SSH rule so that the SSH server can respond. other wise you would only have inbound traffic.

i noticed that i did EXACTLY what you did to set up your rule, but noticed that traffic was also going out over port 22 on an outbound SSH rule that I had set up for another purpose.

just a thought.

(in reply to nnmmss)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Server Publishing >> LINUX and ISA by SSH Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts