• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Wildcard SSL certificate and servers in child domains

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> General >> Wildcard SSL certificate and servers in child domains Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wildcard SSL certificate and servers in child domains - 22.Jun.2010 4:06:46 PM   
nsdtech

I am trying to publish both OWA and RDWeb behind ISA Server 2004 standard and found the ISA 2004 wildcard cert article almost exactly what I needed.

However, our common name is "domain.org" and internally it is "xxx.domain.org" so the name on the web request cannot match the name on the certificate (if requested from the host server).

Specifically, there are two servers. Exch.int.domain.org and Term.int.domain.org which are located behind the ISA Server with "domain.org" in DNS on the outside address and "ISA.int.domain.org" on the inside address.

In the article it says to request 3 certificates: *.domain.org and host1.domain.org and host2.domain.org which would be required if SSL Bridging from client through ISA to server was desired.

Question 1: if we are not going to use SSL between ISA and the server, I assume the other two certificates would not be necessary?

Question 2: since the servers are located in a child domain "int.domain.org" can the procedure in the article still be used in a modified way? If so, what changes do I need to make to the procedure?

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Wildcard SSL certificate and servers in child domains - 25.Jun.2010 6:24:38 AM   
Jason Jones

A1: Yes, correct. You could also install an internal CA to issue those certs.

A2: Just use the updated host names, but SSL bridging is still recommended...

Cheers

JJ

Jason Jones | Forefront MVP | Silversands Ltd
My Blogs: http://blog.msedge.org.uk/ and http://blog.msfirewall.org.uk/

(in reply to nsdtech)
Post #: 2
RE: Wildcard SSL certificate and servers in child domains - 25.Jun.2010 6:40:04 AM   
sowmika

Hi,Very nice post, for all my three website's domain name and hosting from this http://www.thewebpole.com/ site ,here provide very best service for website, here you can also get your expected dream domain name and hosting at just $1.99 per year ,also got SSL certificate.All the best.

(in reply to nsdtech)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> General >> Wildcard SSL certificate and servers in child domains Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts