• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Access Policies

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> General >> Access Policies Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Access Policies - 14.Jul.2010 1:07:03 AM   
wpsd

Hi My company using ISA 2006 with Win Server 2003

In run smoothly for the past half year before I join the company.
After I come I revise almost all of the access policies because they open everything ( outbound rule ).

The most important one is the internet access. Some employee cannot and some can access internet.
I limit using their IP addresses. Than one day because of the work need they request to access the internet so I add his computer Ip Address to the computer set inside "internet access" policy/rule.
Before I know it all my policy rule not working ( email server dead, web publishing dead and any other policy ) and no internet

Next I back up my policy than delete every policy that I create. Than try using a simple policy such as all outbound from intern to outside it works the internet work ok. Than I import my backup policy. The result all the policy works except for the internet that have limitation by Ip address.

So I delete that one and use the all access, it's works.

Any Idea to fix this ? since i have to change the policy a lot, and it breaks when i do it to many
Post #: 1
RE: Access Policies - 4.Oct.2010 3:45:19 AM   
elmajdal

quote:

The result all the policy works except for the internet that have limitation by Ip address.

Import your backup, and delete only the policy that has limitation and recreate it. With this, you will be doing half the job, not all of it.

Tarek Majdalani

Windows Expert - IT Pro MVP
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ElMajdal.Net

(in reply to wpsd)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> General >> Access Policies Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread