• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Certificate path not correct on ISA 2006 for OWA

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> Certificate path not correct on ISA 2006 for OWA Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Certificate path not correct on ISA 2006 for OWA - 19.Aug.2010 5:42:12 AM   
sbsnwns1

Hello

I have this issue with OWA certificate on ISA 2006. We currently have OWA using ISA 2000 and I am in the process of setting up ISA 2006 to replace it. Everything is working apart from when you got to the OWA URL on ISA 2006 then the client get a certificate error. The certificate does not have a path back to the root certificate. THe same certificate on ISA 2000 works. On the ISA 2006 server looking at the certificate through MMC it shows everything in order. Within ISA 2006 publishing rule the certificate is all correct. test rule shows everything correct as well. ISA BPA shows all green ticks. But when I try to access OWA through the publishing rule on ISA 2006 I get certificate error. From the same PC if I access the OWA publishing rule on ISA 2000 I do not get a certificate error. Both ISA servers have the same certificate. Anybody know what could be causing this?
Post #: 1
RE: Certificate path not correct on ISA 2006 for OWA - 19.Aug.2010 7:20:59 AM   
Jason Jones

You probably need to install the intermediate CA certificate from your certificate provider in the Local Computer, Intermediate Certificates store on your ISA server.

Cheers

JJ

Jason Jones | Forefront MVP | Silversands Ltd
My Blogs: http://blog.msedge.org.uk/ and http://blog.msfirewall.org.uk/

(in reply to sbsnwns1)
Post #: 2
RE: Certificate path not correct on ISA 2006 for OWA - 19.Aug.2010 7:30:24 AM   
sbsnwns1

Hello Jason

Yes that does fix it but why does the certificate works on the ISA 2000 OWA publishing without the need for installing the intermediate certificate. The certificate is the same on both ISA 2000 and ISA 2006. The issue we have is most of the users are based at schools and we do not have access to their PC to do the installation of intermediate certificate so if possible would like to get the ISA 2006 to work like the ISA 2000 published OWA.

(in reply to Jason Jones)
Post #: 3
RE: Certificate path not correct on ISA 2006 for OWA - 19.Aug.2010 7:35:13 AM   
Jason Jones

You should only need to install the intermediate cert on ISA, not each indidivual machine...ISA 2000 is ten years old and probably doesn't even validate the certificate chain!

< Message edited by Jason Jones -- 19.Aug.2010 7:36:14 AM >

Jason Jones | Forefront MVP | Silversands Ltd
My Blogs: http://blog.msedge.org.uk/ and http://blog.msfirewall.org.uk/

(in reply to sbsnwns1)
Post #: 4
RE: Certificate path not correct on ISA 2006 for OWA - 19.Aug.2010 10:40:11 AM   
sbsnwns1

Hello Jason

Thank you for the swift reply. We have loaded all the intermidate certificates on the ISA 2006 server but still get the certificate path error on the client. When I try to access OWA from the ISA 2006 server it does not give any certificate error. My understanding is that the intermediate certificates should be downloaded to the client when it goes to the site but for some reason it is not happening. Any things else I can try out to see where the issue is? Could ISA stop the downloading of the intermediate certificates?

(in reply to sbsnwns1)
Post #: 5
RE: Certificate path not correct on ISA 2006 for OWA - 27.Feb.2012 11:45:14 AM   
wleaobras

Hi,
You need import the root certificate into the ISA "Trusted Root Certification Authorities"

(in reply to sbsnwns1)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> Certificate path not correct on ISA 2006 for OWA Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts