• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

VPN clients connect but can't get anywhere

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> General >> VPN clients connect but can't get anywhere Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
VPN clients connect but can't get anywhere - 2.Sep.2010 2:19:20 PM   
totalstu

Hi,

Hoping someone can help. We're running ISA 2004 SP3 on a Windows 2003 SP2 STD server.VPN clients are run from XP SP3 laptops using the MS VPN connection we create via the Network Connections in the control panel. VPN connections are PP2P. We also have one user trying via a linux machine with the same issue. The issue is as follows (hopefully I'm explaining this properly):

We are having an issue of late with vpn clients connecting via our ISA server but not being allowed anywhere. Outlook doesn't connect, can't get ERP program to fire up, etc. To fix we usually just reboot the server or restart the RAS and firewall services. If a client was connected and working properly they don't have any problems when this issue occurs. Server event log shows nothing and neither does ISA logging. When the problem happens users can still connect but that's it. Also, when it happens you can ping an address once. So let's say you ping 192.168.1.50. You get one reply and three timed outs. Subsequent will get you 4 timed outs. You can ping another address, say 192.168.1.60 and the same thing. You get 1 reply and three timed outs and then if you try again you get 4 timed outs.

We thought it was related to something that happens on a Friday night as users would connect over the weekend and report the issue. The problem happened the other day so that rules out Friday night as something to look at.

Any ideas of what could be causing this or where we start to look?

Thanks
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> General >> VPN clients connect but can't get anywhere Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts