• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ISA 2006 reporting with SQL 2008. HOW??

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> ISA 2006 reporting with SQL 2008. HOW?? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ISA 2006 reporting with SQL 2008. HOW?? - 5.Nov.2010 10:53:56 AM   
xtremelead

Hi,

I am currently trying to get Reporting with SQL 2008 working.
My ISA 2006 is logging to my SQL2008 server fine and reporting is configured on that SQL server.
I have downloaded the "Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Sample Pack for Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2006 " from Microsoft.

I installed VS2003.NET and the SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services Evaluation Edition to be able to open the .rptproj file. Followed all steps in the helpfile upto when I've built the library and copied it to the server.

At one point I have to enter the datasource for the rds files and connect to the SQL server, but it appeared this can't be done with VS2003, even when installed on the SQL server itself (running on Windows Server 2008). So I upgraded to VS2005, but with that I cannot open the project because there is no Business Intelligence addon, which is required to open rptproj files.

Next step was to install the Business Intelligence feature on the SQL2008 server to be able to open the rptproj file. That works fine, but now the library.csproj cannot be loaded, because it has to be opened in this version of VisualStudio. So I cannot continue the steps to deploy the solution. Installed the full version of VS2008 to be able to open the library.csproj file, but even that is not possible, because the version is too new.

At one time I found a Business Intelligence addon for VS2005, but even this version cannot open the library.csproj file. So back to VS2003, but that one can't connect to SQL2008...aaargh...

So I'm kinda out of options rightnow...

Is this possible at all?

Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> ISA 2006 reporting with SQL 2008. HOW?? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts